bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Linear GD00Z-4 Garage Door Opener  (Read 11287 times)

Offline Slim4

• Peanut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Linear GD00Z-4 Garage Door Opener
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2015, 06:14:36 pm »
Ok, I just paired up one of the Linear devices.

Like the person who posted before me said, the device shows as "Garage Door Opener" in the WebUI when accessing the router by IP address.  But it's an "Unsupported Device"  I expected that because Lars said it's not fully functional.

I did check in the LCD UI though in Connected Sensors.  It shows the device.  When I tap the device it says "Closed" and I have the "Open" or "Close" options.  I've connected up everything and hitting either of the two options will open/close the door.  The status does not change in the LCD UI, also as expected as Lars mentioned the Tilt Sensor is not yet supported.

Pretty cool to have this in the system!  I didn't have anything already in place for this, so I'll just be leaving it connected and every once in a while I'll spook my wife when I'm sitting at my computer next to the Almond +.  Looking forward to updates that will let this be a fully supported solution!  Glad to see there is progress.
Z-Wave Setup (WIP)
1x Peanut Wall plug
1x BE469NXCAM716 Schlage Deadbolt

LGNilsson

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2015, 11:20:29 pm »
Good news, the GD00Z will be fully supported from the next firmware. The tilt sensor works, the strobe and siren works. It'll only be in the LCD UI for now, until the other developers have had a chance to add it to the local web UI, cloud UI and apps.

Offline spooky123

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2015, 08:09:55 am »
That is great news!

Is there are schedule for release of the next firmware.

Not complaining, just voicing my opinion.. while the LCD is a neat feature, I'd personally rather see support for things in general to be available in the webui first, the app second, the cloud third and the lcd last. After a solid rules engine, home automation needs the remote access, From my perspective if I am in a position to actuate something via the lcd then I'm in a position to do it manually so  its less of a benefit.

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 22 queries.

bottleneck