Choose style:

Author Topic: Water shut off valve  (Read 10232 times)

Offline Dudeness30

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Water shut off valve
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2015, 12:49:16 am »
I am trying to picture your marine set up. Would a 5 port ball valve work? See pic. It has a port on the 4 sides and the bottom.
Almond+, 2 flood sensors, 1 motion sensor, 1 Z-wave water valve, 2 Aeon Labs DSC06106-ZWUS - Z-Wave Smart Energy Switch, 1 Enerwave ZWN-RSM1S Z-Wave Relay, 1 GE Z-Wave Outdoor Module, 1 Enerwave ZWN-RSM2 Z-Wave Smart Dual Relay,

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2015, 08:30:35 am »
Actually... that would be pretty close. The return pump outputs using a 1.5" PVC pipe... but I quickly split that in 2... Then further along (after it has passed through a wall and is directly behind the tank) I split it again. So if I wanted to put this in my current setup easier it would probably need to have two 3 port valves...

One problem though with the 5 port. That valve only lets one output at a time work, correct? Not sure if I would want that constantly (that would be a LOT of flow and may damage things if it holds for an extended period of time). So having the two 3 ports would keep the flow slightly more reasonable (especially if they were opposing). Optimum solution would still allow controlling each port individually.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline Dudeness30

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2015, 10:53:09 am »
Ok, 4 valves are best, so I would probably start by buying 4 stainless ball valves with the actuator mount on them. Just the 1" ball valves are not too expensive and you can get the layout part done. Then one by one purchase actuators. You could scout eBay for good deals when they pop up. Sounds like a fun project.
Another project I did recently is made a zwave garden watering valve with cheap stuff from Amazon. I will make a new post on that in case someone is interested.
Almond+, 2 flood sensors, 1 motion sensor, 1 Z-wave water valve, 2 Aeon Labs DSC06106-ZWUS - Z-Wave Smart Energy Switch, 1 Enerwave ZWN-RSM1S Z-Wave Relay, 1 GE Z-Wave Outdoor Module, 1 Enerwave ZWN-RSM2 Z-Wave Smart Dual Relay,

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck