bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Almond+ is disappointing (Editorial)  (Read 23365 times)

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Almond+ is disappointing (Editorial)
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2015, 11:52:05 pm »
Here's the thing. I don't want to give up on Almond because there is no other device that has the potential that this one has. A router and a HA platform is still a brilliant idea. But separating them in software is a horrible let down.

If they can just open up the platform, and allow IP devices and HA devices to interact with one another, it would be truly one of a kind.

Offline medatom

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2015, 12:06:03 pm »
With one update every couple of months,  it's going to be long time before the product becomes usable. But unfortunately the hardware would be obsolete by then.
I do not see any good outcome for the current users.

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2015, 02:14:53 pm »
With one update every couple of months,  it's going to be long time before the product becomes usable. But unfortunately the hardware would be obsolete by then.
I do not see any good outcome for the current users.

I agree it is a slow update process but I don't think the hardware would be 'obsolete' just not leading edge. 802.11ac is still a good deal and will be for some time. Z-Wave standards will evolve but not that fast.

Improve support for existing sensors, improve Rules, add Scenes and open up the SDK docs/info/source for Developers!  Fortunately I have not experience the same WiFi issues as others have reported. I use 2.4/5 in a mixed environment and it works well, no complaints.
Kickstarter Backer
Securifi Wiki Editor and Beta Tester, Not a Securifi employee
Almond+, many sensors, IOS App, Android Apps and Widgets

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 16 queries.