bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Almond says there is no internet, but is connected  (Read 6308 times)

Offline Hyperparticle

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Almond says there is no internet, but is connected
« on: May 13, 2015, 11:39:04 pm »
I just received my new Almond 2015 and have tried to connect it as a range extender (currently updated to R085). I am able to connect to the signal and use the network just fine, but using the LCD UI diagnostics, it says that it is unable to connect to the internet. It shows a red X for connecting to the cloud, even though it is clearly connected to the internet.

I have also tried connecting the Almond directly into the modem to see if it would work, but the same thing happened. It's clearly connected to the internet, but the Almond reports back that it cannot connect. This seems to be some kind of bug. Can somebody help?

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Almond says there is no internet, but is connected
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 09:16:17 am »
@ Hyperparticle,

Our latest software R87 should take care of the issue. Perform a factory reset and then reconfigure it back as Range Extender and try to update the firmware to the latest version. Just in case, if you are having any difficulty in updating the firmware, please do get in touch with our support team at (support@securifi.com). 

Offline Hyperparticle

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 03:55:22 pm »
Thanks for the tip.

I called customer service and they helped me update the router. I was unable to do it via LCD UI, so the service rep gave me the firmware via email to manually update the Almond. Now it works correctly!

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 05:15:43 pm »
@ Hyperparticle,

You are most welcome and we regret the inconvenience, however, from here onwards you should be able to update the firmware via LCD UI with out any concerns.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 16 queries.

bottleneck