Choose style:

Author Topic: Almond+ became less reliable with R076  (Read 2692 times)

Offline markchavez

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Almond+ became less reliable with R076
« on: June 05, 2015, 09:20:15 am »
I've had off and on success with the Almond+ since receiving as a backer. I finally got semi reliable with the release after R072 and R076, but then I went ahead and took the R076 latest update. This proved to be so problematic that my wife gave up and connected her tablet to our guest network running on a dedicated ancient linksys router/ap. Other wireless devices also suffered.  I tried various things to address with little success. I wanted to go back to the in-between stable release but couldn't find it. I then jumped back to R072 and though it mostly stays working, a number of wireless devices, mostly on the 2.4GHz band still suffer. Note that I do have mine configured in AP mode as it is 1 of 4 APs I have on my home network.

R076 got so bad that it even affected PCs connected to the LAN ports. a number of the release versions have had problems with wi-fi just up and stopping but would come-alive after a restart of the AP, the wireless device, or both.

Really looking forward to a better release.

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Almond+ became less reliable with R076
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 10:38:19 am »
There are a couple other threads on this topic already. Here is one for example: http://forum.securifi.com/index.php/topic,3366.0.html

Might be better to consolidate threads and keep info in one location.

R76 has several notable issues and an update is being worked. R79 is in beta and will be released soon.
Details here:  http://forum.securifi.com/index.php/topic,3369.0.html

Backing a Kickstarter project is a risk. Securifi and Almond+ have suffered a few acknowledged and well known setbacks. The core functionality of integrated Home Automation and WiFi routing has been a long time coming. Longer than both the community and Securifi wanted but there is good news. The router is becoming more fully featured and the Home Automation is coming online now.

Yes, there are issues with some firmware updates. We all would like to see better quality control/testing done prior to release. Perhaps a more robust Beta program would help. Allowing Kickstarter Backers to participate as Beta Testers is one idea that has been suggested and I support.

We do know that some of the Home Automation issues have been addressed in R79 but only the developers and perhaps the beta testers know what else is being worked in that firmware release.
Kickstarter Backer
Securifi Wiki Editor and Beta Tester, Not a Securifi employee
Almond+, many sensors, IOS App, Android Apps and Widgets

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 18 queries.