Choose style:

Author Topic: R076 Firmware related issues, crashes of android app  (Read 21718 times)

Offline xtbs26

• Chestnut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: R076 Firmware related issues, crashes of android app
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2015, 05:39:50 pm »
Even after going back to 072 the Android app crashes. Uninstalled and reinstalled with no success. Web UI does not control GE bulbs either.

Offline mr23

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2015, 06:10:17 pm »
Even after going back to 072 the Android app crashes. Uninstalled and reinstalled with no success. Web UI does not control GE bulbs either.

In the thread further below it is recommended to remove and re-add any sensor 'touched' while in R076.

I went back to 072, but my multilevel switch lamps are all reporting NaN% in the web ui.

So i ssh -l root 10.10.10.254 into the router
cd /tmp
vi DeviceList.xml
/SWITCH MULTILEVEL

found that value that should have been an int between 0 and 255 was set to true or false.
<LastKnownValue Index="1" EndPoint="1" Name="SWITCH MULTILEVEL" Type="Byte">true</LastKnownValue>
changed each one to some other value, like 55
<LastKnownValue Index="1" EndPoint="1" Name="SWITCH MULTILEVEL" Type="Byte">55</LastKnownValue>

:w
:q

Then refreshed my browser and the multilevel switch (dimmable) lamps were back to normal. [Update: well, functionality is restored, but the %display is stuck at 21% (55/255); probably stuck with removing and readding all devices, but going to hang tight since my light control app is working fine.]

The beta version of Almond App even after cache clearing still won't launch. That's odd. Cleared/Uninstalled/Reinstalled. Same.

Offline KRC

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2015, 09:35:04 pm »
Same is happening with my GE Link bulbs.

Offline xtbs26

• Chestnut
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2015, 06:12:37 am »
Wow... with all these comments and issues with 076 there is still not a single comment or explanation from Securifi. Hello? This release basically deleted HA from my Almond+ and nothing?

Offline mr23

• Backer
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2015, 11:23:36 am »
Wow... with all these comments and issues with 076 there is still not a single comment or explanation from Securifi. Hello? This release basically deleted HA from my Almond+ and nothing?

There's a weak response over at beta firmware.
http://forum.securifi.com/index.php/topic,3321.0.html

For those without beta forum access, I copied the response here:

Ashok: That is how generally we release the full firmware first by making sure beta firmware is released to the beta group. If you check the release notes, there is not much change compare to R075 to R076. Except resolving the status of Aeon Labs (DSC06106) smart energy switch. I am positive there is something else which could be causing the issue. I have already escalated it to our team and waiting for their response.  Thank you for helping us with the beta firmware.

Offline Artik

• Backer
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2015, 07:38:29 am »
This is fairly insignificant compared to everyone's problems, but R076 introduced timezone sync and it uses old timezone for Moscow, one hour ahead (GMT+4). It's been GMT+3 w/o any kind of DST for about a year now. For now as a workaround you can set Minsk timezone in OpenWRT and then just not touch the clock app in LCD.

Offline andersos

• Backer
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2015, 09:47:42 am »
It always says 0 connected users in status. Also in the app.

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2015, 10:14:26 am »
Okay, granted this is a holiday weekend here in the US, but AFAIK, there in no corresponding holiday in Taiwan and India. This leave there being no justifiable excuse why there has not been a single response from Securifi in the 48 hours since this firmware release that killed all HA function.  This was a general release, not a " hey here's a beta if you want to try ,but we make no promises it will work "  release .

073 was so good that it was pulled within a few hours and a link to go back to the more stable 072 was posted. I never even saw 074 or 075, so I assume they were just skipped over. Now 076 is pushed out via LCD and it immediately kills everything and Securifi is silent.

Anybody else get a sinking feeling that this ship is going down and we are the rats too slow and stupid to get off ? Since my Wink and Link hubs were in a drawer, I think I am safe in assuming they should not have been effected by the OTA firmware push that killed so many of those hubs.

Maybe it is time for A+ and Wink to trade places ,and for me to give some serious thought to why I keep wasting time and money supporting these start-ups instead of just spending the money to invest in hardware that has been proven. The saving grace is that most sensors are not brand specific and will work with any hub.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2015, 10:33:45 am »
@ All,

We regret the inconvenience caused and apologies for the late response. I was just waiting for a proper information or resolution from our team. It seems like there is an issue with the Multi Level switch with our new firmware R76 and current Andriod app that is the reason, it was crashing. However, this has been taken care with our new Andriod app which is already released and users may get the update any time. Meanwhile, we can also download the apk file attached in zip format which can be unzipped and installed on any andriod device.

In order to make it even more simple, I am sharing the link through which we can download the latest update of Andriod app. Please click on the following link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6cFyWWSXjqEbndFaWdoN3lBOEk/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 10:37:10 am by Ashok »

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2015, 10:44:03 am »
If it is just an issue with the Android app, then why are the sensors also not working via LCD nor web UI ?

@ All,

We regret the inconvenience caused and apologies for the late response. I was just waiting for a proper information or resolution from our team. It seems like there is an issue with the Multi Level switch with our new firmware R76 and current Andriod app that is the reason, it was crashing. However, this has been taken care with our new Andriod app which is already released and users may get the update any time. Meanwhile, we can also download the apk file attached in zip format which can be unzipped and installed on any andriod device.

In order to make it even more simple, I am sharing the link through which we can download the latest update of Andriod app. Please click on the following link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6cFyWWSXjqEbndFaWdoN3lBOEk/view?usp=sharing

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2015, 11:27:46 am »
@ rldreams,

We don't have any issues like that so far, you are not able to access multiple sensors or only one sensor and also are they Zigbee or Z-wave. May be you can send logs (Help-->Send Logs), so that I could request my team to look and see what exactly is going on.

Offline xtbs26

• Chestnut
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2015, 11:31:59 am »
Updated to the latest version of the Android app... Updated back to 076... tried to turn on a GE bulb and CRASH! Now I cannot even add the bulb back (I get an error on the LCD..."association failed"). I reset the bulb three times and even moved it closer but no dice. Getting pretty darn upset with these updates that break more than they add. Looks like I am headed back to 072, and then shopping for a Smartthings hub. I already updated my Amazon review of the Almond+ to reflect the recent failures.

Offline mr23

• Backer
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2015, 11:40:45 am »
Updated to the latest version of the Android app... Updated back to 076... tried to turn on a GE bulb and CRASH! Now I cannot even add the bulb back (I get an error on the LCD..."association failed"). I reset the bulb three times and even moved it closer but no dice. Getting pretty darn upset with these updates that break more than they add. Looks like I am headed back to 072, and then shopping for a Smartthings hub. I already updated my Amazon review of the Almond+ to reflect the recent failures.

I would guess you'll have to remove and readd your sensors, too. Let us know how it goes for you. No sense all of us going through the same pain again. Thanks.

Offline mr23

• Backer
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2015, 11:43:04 am »
@ rldreams,

We don't have any issues like that so far, you are not able to access multiple sensors or only one sensor and also are they Zigbee or Z-wave. May be you can send logs (Help-->Send Logs), so that I could request my team to look and see what exactly is going on.

Ashok, did you read my original post (reply #1) in this thread? It includes a posted logs reference, as well as brief descriptions of issues initially found in the cloud web (connect.securifi), the local web (luci), and the apps. Were my logs useful to the team?

I know I've read whether in this thread or others of people describing broken function web sensor interfaces, and I'm sure I did too. Did you read my reply #17, below?

> Bug Fix: Multilevel On Off switches not taking correct value.
What code was touched to make this fix? A+FW? App(s)? Web UI? All?

Offline xtbs26

• Chestnut
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2015, 11:45:11 am »
This time I only used one sensor (GE bulb) because of the previous fiasco. Now I cannot even add the bulb back after reverting back to 072. I just keep getting an "association failed" message.

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 16 queries.