Choose style:

Author Topic: Glass break sensor  (Read 6532 times)

Offline icemanaccord

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Glass break sensor
« on: December 15, 2015, 10:37:40 am »
Is there anyone that uses a glass break sensor with the almond plus?  I was looking at lowes for something and found the Utilitech gb-00z-1 sensor on clearance for 10 from 40 and have wanted one of these for my house. 

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Glass break sensor
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 11:18:46 am »
Have not used it but I am using a Utilitech Siren.

I believe Utilitech is rebranded Everspring and if the sensor is actually the same as an Everspring XXXX I'd say you have a very good chance of it working. Though I can't find a Glass Break sensor at the Everspring site. ???

$10 ??  And now I have to go to Lowes and look for one.  ;D

Edit - just checked, still $40 at my Lowes  :(
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 11:22:57 am by SecureComp »
Kickstarter Backer
Securifi Wiki Editor and Beta Tester, Not a Securifi employee
Almond+, many sensors, IOS App, Android Apps and Widgets

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 11:50:07 am »
Lowes and Home Depot both have been putting a lot of things on clearance lately. I picked up 3 GE outdoor plug in outlets for $20, half off. Right next to them they had the exact same ones in new style packaging for the full price. A local Home Depot had Quirky Tapt switches on clearance for $15 from $40. The "new" ones were priced at $60! Wish I had been able to buy those...
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 12:58:25 pm »
Lowes and Home Depot both have been putting a lot of things on clearance lately. I picked up 3 GE outdoor plug in outlets for $20, half off. Right next to them they had the exact same ones in new style packaging for the full price. A local Home Depot had Quirky Tapt switches on clearance for $15 from $40. The "new" ones were priced at $60! Wish I had been able to buy those...

I'm going to Lowes and Home Depot today to check the clearance stuff. You're right, they do put stuff on clearance at the store that won't show up on the website. A flood sensor is one of the things I want to test for folks.
Kickstarter Backer
Securifi Wiki Editor and Beta Tester, Not a Securifi employee
Almond+, many sensors, IOS App, Android Apps and Widgets

Offline icemanaccord

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 02:52:44 pm »
yeah all of the Lowes around me the glass break sensor is 40, except 1 in NH for some reason.  You can look on the site before going out to the actual store for the sensor. 

Offline TheLostSwede

• Chestnut
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 07:03:15 pm »
Not a sensor I've ever seen, so it might not work. I'd suggest someone gets one and tries, before multiple people buys it and it doesn't work.

Offline Darwin

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2016, 01:49:19 am »
If anyone here is still interested, I tried the Utilitech GB-00Z-1 Glass Break Detector with the Almond+ and it at least appeared to work for me. It paired right away. I chose "other" vs. flood or smoke as the alarm type during the pairing process and it shows up as a generic alarm sensor. The test button on the detector does not trigger an alarm on the Almond (it doesn't on the SmartThings Hub either) and so I used YouTube glass breaking audio samples to test rule triggers. It wasn't a scientific, reliable or repeatable test, but it appears to operate similarly with the SmartThings Hub. Battery level showed 94% which doesn't appear unreasonable.

Offline multisystemelectronics

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2016, 02:28:38 am »
My Glass Break Sensors can effectively protect large, open areas with multiple windows, so you won’t need to place a sensor on every window. As long as there is a line of sight between the sensor and the window, all those between 4-20 feet of the sensor are covered. You can rest easy knowing these large areas of your home are covered.

Offline icemanaccord

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2016, 03:33:53 pm »
Wow that is good to know Darwin.  I actually have not tried to test it until this weekend but it wouldn't pair, I think the batteries were dead though.  Now that I know you were successful I will just go pick up a pair of batteries and see if that was the case.  Thanks.

Offline naphtaliq

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2016, 09:32:19 am »
I use the Utilitech one.  I configured it as a smoke detector and it works perfectly.  I have "tested" it accidentally by dropping a glass and it alerted me instantly.
http://www.lowes.com/pd_567900-78427-GB-00Z-1___?Ntt=glass+break+detector&UserSearch=glass+break+detector&productId=50217433

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 21 queries.