bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: R80 Feedback / Issues  (Read 36905 times)

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
R80 Feedback / Issues
« on: June 08, 2015, 07:23:12 pm »
R80 Feedback and issues.

Multilevel On/Off - works for some lights, not others. (GE Link A19 good, CREE some problems) See thread below
http://forum.securifi.com/index.php/topic,3393.0.html

First Alert Smoke Detector SMOKE DETECTED Status Incorrect - IOS App
The First Alert ZCombo Smoke Detector reports correct status to web interface, cloud interface and android app. It incorrectly reports SMOKE DETECTED to IOS App. R80, IOS 8.3, 1.5 (1808)

« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 08:04:42 pm by SecureComp »
Kickstarter Backer
Securifi Wiki Editor and Beta Tester, Not a Securifi employee
Almond+, many sensors, IOS App, Android Apps and Widgets

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: R80 Feedback / Issues
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 08:29:13 pm »
Looks like the ios app is buggy. I cannot believe that someone published the update without checking. The locks also show an incorrect status.

Also, can the rules now go beyond 11:59 or do we still need a workaround ?

Offline Ohiomedic

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 10:31:31 pm »
I think they mentioned the next iOS update will fix the first alert.

Offline BikerBob

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 08:14:18 am »
Just upgraded from R072 to R080 via LCD and experienced no problems... but my setup is pretty basic:
- Gigabit LAN/ Ethernet throughout house.
- 2.4GHz Wi-Fi.  Haven't tried 5GHz... I don't normally use 5GHz due to poor penetration through walls & floors.
- Peanut Plug "On/Off" control via Android App works fine... including proper reporting of Power/Voltage/Current.
- Peanut Plug "On/Off at Time" simple Rules also work ok.
- SmartThings Hub to control some Leviton and Linear Z-wave wall dimmers & switches

I didn't have to re-power or reset anything... not cable modem, not router, not Peanut Plug, not the SmartThings Hub... everything just worked.... so far.

Bob
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 10:26:32 pm by BikerBob »
Almond+ | Android App | Peanut Plugs | OSRAM Lightify LED/A19/DIM/RGB

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 08:32:43 am »
GE and Cree bulbs are still hit/miss reporting across all platforms. Everything else seems to be working as of this morning. Router/ wifi is still hit/miss and getting worse.
Speedtest results: 
Desktop cat6 directly to modem 68 Mbps
Desktop cat6 to A+ 48 Mbps
Phone 75 Mb wifi on 2.4 Ghz to A+ 18Mbps
Phone 433Mb wifi on  5Ghz to A+  22Mbps
All tests performed over about a 2 minute time period ( amount of time it took me to swap cat6 cable or switch wifi network on phone) to the same server.

Offline xtbs26

• Chestnut
Re: R80 Feedback / Issues/Kwikset910
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 09:37:29 am »
My Kwikset 910 Z wave lock does not report status if the lock is locked/unlocked manually. To see if I could rectify this, I attempted to remove/re-pair the lock. When I brought it up on the Almond LCD, the screen froze. There was also no option there to edit. I had to reboot the Almond to get the screen back. I tried it again, same result. Changed the lock batteries, still the same (and battery status reported "low" on Almond after changing). So I am unable to remove this sensor.

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2015, 11:57:33 am »
I have a kwikset 910 z-wave . After I removed it and paired it again, it actually works like a charm. The only problem is that the status change takes about 6-8 seconds. I.e. if you click on the lock button, it locks it within 2 seconds, but send the notification that it is locked 6 seconds after that.

What I would suggest, is rather than go to the lock and remove it, go to add sensors on the main page on the LCD, and hit remove. Then press the button the lock. That should unpair it. To be sure, even after it says removed, repeat it one more time and it will say "Unknown Sensor removed".

Now you should be able to add it. I noticed that the lock is very sensitive to distance when pairing. Make sure the almond is within 3ft of the lock.

Offline xtbs26

• Chestnut
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2015, 01:15:59 pm »
d. kiran - Thank you very much. I was able to get things back up with your instructions and now the status does change with manual use of the lock! Thanks again.

Offline spooky123

• Backer
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2015, 09:31:44 pm »
GD00Z-4 garage door opens and closes via LCD but tilt sensor but opened/closed state is not working correctly or consistently. Also still unsupported in the app.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2015, 08:24:04 am »
@ spooky123,

We have seen few cases where if the physical setup of the Garage Door sensor is not right, it was not working consistently and on the app we are yet to add the support for that device type.

Offline spooky123

• Backer
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2015, 10:10:25 am »
Ahsok, the sensor is installed correctly and when the Almond+ updates it does have the correct state, but when/how the Almond+ updates status seems inconsistent and unreliable.... seems to need one to trick it into having the right status (ie, if it says closed and the door is actually opened, then click open again on the Almond and status is correct) and then when the lcd is used to open/close it has the right status.... but interject a manual open/close and the Almond+ never updates. It seems like the Almond+ is handling the open/closed status via what was last pressed on the Almond+ rather than the tilt sensors actual state.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2015, 11:09:14 am »
@ spooky123,

Could you please send the log files by mentioning the issue, so that I could check with my team and get back to you with some inputs.

Offline cranecj

• Backer
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2015, 01:44:15 pm »
Updated to R80, and most of my devices won't connect to Wifi.  I tried a factory reset, and I keep having an issue with the assigned IPs.  Devices are getting a 10.10.1.xx IP and I cannot connect to/ping anything - even the Almond+. Somehow after a strange combination of resetting my Almond+ and my laptop, I was able to get a 10.10.10.xx IP and everything worked from that device.  When I updated my Wireless password on the device, I suddenly lost all connectivity with my laptop IP reverting back to 10.10.1.xx.  I have never had any Wifi issues with my Almond before this update.  The issue started as soon as I finished the update.

I tried connecting with several android phones, a Macbook Air 2013, and a Lenovo on Win8.1. 

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2015, 06:33:49 pm »
@ cranecj,

If you have not tried yet, could you please try a factory reset and let us know the status.

Offline Tam-Lin

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2015, 09:52:13 am »
I'm having a similar problem, with no IP addresses being passed out with R80 in AP mode. 

I'm trying a factory reset (and I'll point out that the earlier person said he did already), but I'm not expecting much.  I've opened a problem, but haven't gotten much assistance.  I'm ordering a different router, at this point.  There are others in my household that need a reliable Internet connection, and right now, the Almond+ isn't delivering that..  The promise of the Almond+ is great, but if it can't handle the basic wireless functionality, everything else is irrelevant.

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 18 queries.

bottleneck