Choose style:

Author Topic: R80 Feedback / Issues  (Read 36907 times)

Offline cranecj

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: R80 Feedback / Issues
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2015, 10:04:26 am »
@ cranecj,

If you have not tried yet, could you please try a factory reset and let us know the status.

I tried 2 factory resets and had the same problem. I will try again.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2015, 10:40:08 am »
@ crancej,

Sorry it was my bad, we could try factory reset only once and as you are still facing the same issue please get in touch with our support team support@securifi.com who can diagnose the issue real time and take care of it for you.

@ Tam-Lin,

Technically, in AP mode DHCP is by default disabled and main router would provide the IP addresses to the client devices which are connected to the Almond+. We have installed R80 to some good number of users and they are not facing any issues with wireless or with IP Address assigning. However, just for the confirmation could you please try setting up the Almond+ in Router mode and then check if client devices are receiving the IP Address. Also let us know what happened after performing a factory reset.

Offline habeatgenmoint

• Backer
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2015, 09:49:45 am »
I'm having my share of Wi-Fi problems too, but it seems to have been there since maybe R079. My 5GHz Wi-Fi just somehow silently gets broken.

Also, the Web UI bugs out when I'm trying to save a static lease, which may or may not have caused the Wi-Fi problems. Neither the Almond+ version nor the OpenWRT version worked. I restored to an old configuration and the Wi-Fi issue is gone (for now). Can't be bothered to reproduce that on R080 as this is my friggin home router which shouldn't have had these serious bugs in the first place!  I've had fewer problems with even D-Link and TPLink >:(

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2015, 02:33:39 pm »
When using the SDK and the HADevices::genericCallback, I often get the message listed below.

I'm guessing this is the whole clean socket close problem and the LCD App binding to the same IP

Code: [Select]
Address already in use: End Client binding failed
This was happening with early firmware releases and is still happening with R80.
Kickstarter Backer
Securifi Wiki Editor and Beta Tester, Not a Securifi employee
Almond+, many sensors, IOS App, Android Apps and Widgets

Offline Tam-Lin

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2015, 05:05:20 pm »
Technically, in AP mode DHCP is by default disabled and main router would provide the IP addresses to the client devices which are connected to the Almond+. We have installed R80 to some good number of users and they are not facing any issues with wireless or with IP Address assigning. However, just for the confirmation could you please try setting up the Almond+ in Router mode and then check if client devices are receiving the IP Address. Also let us know what happened after performing a factory reset.

I'm fully aware of that, and that's my point:  I have devices that connect to the network, but that aren't able to get a DHCP request answered, so they never get an IP address assigned.  I don't have this problem with wired devices, and I don't have the problem with other routers.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2015, 07:20:42 pm »
@ Tam-Lin,

I am yet to check with my team regarding this, however, I have personally got confirmation from two users that a proper factory reset has taken care of this issue. Hence, if you  have not tried it yet then please do try that which may solve the issue for you. And also let us know the status by setting the Almond+ in Router mode.

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2015, 10:23:51 am »
Has the issue of requiring two rules beyond 11:59 PM been addressed yet? Is that likely to be solved in the future?

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2015, 10:50:19 am »
Has the issue of requiring two rules beyond 11:59 PM been addressed yet? Is that likely to be solved in the future?

The Rules use Crontab, so yes it can be solved. It will add to the complexity of the Rules App, needing to specify Day/Start time and Day/finish time. But sure it's doable.

Maybe it will be in the next firmware update with Scenes!
Kickstarter Backer

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2015, 12:28:58 pm »
I thought crontab was the reason why we had this issue. AFAIK crontab does not have a way of overnight schedule apart from having two triggers.

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2015, 02:19:06 pm »
I thought crontab was the reason why we had this issue. AFAIK crontab does not have a way of overnight schedule apart from having two triggers.

Yes and No.

The app can be modified to create multiple crontab entries to accomplish the goal. The user would just see the App side, Start Mon at 9PM, Finish Tuesday at 3PM, you could even gate date specific, though that would be a bit tedious.  There would in fact be multiple crontab entries to accomplish this but the App Rule would be one Rule.

There are of course other ways to solve the problem that involve more server side coding.
Kickstarter Backer

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2015, 09:01:06 am »

We are working on this and soon it would be taken care off.

Offline czyzczyz

• Backer
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2015, 02:01:32 pm »
My Almond+, running R072, fails to update via the LCD. I've tried several times over a couple of days.

I'm going to download R80 and install it via the web interface.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2015, 05:16:54 pm »
@ czyzczyz,

You can try running the Diagnostics app and then try to update it via LCD UI, if that fails try to synchronize the time using Time app that should allow to update the software via LCD UI.

Offline revoman

• Backer
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2015, 10:37:53 pm »
Unable to get to the Dynamic DNS page in OpenWRT with R80. 

I did a factory reset once it was installed because my Xbox360 wouldn't connect to the internet.  Settings were added manually instead of from a backup.

Offline smitch019

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2015, 10:46:35 pm »
I cannot get my Schlage lock to function using the IOS app any longer.  It seems to time out and say "unable to update sensor."

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 18 queries.

bottleneck