Choose style:

Author Topic: Router or Extender  (Read 2905 times)

Offline robros

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Router or Extender
« on: June 14, 2015, 08:06:05 pm »
Hello. I would like to make the most of my almond.

I have wired my entire apartment so I have wired connections in all my rooms. My son, however, is pretty mobile :) and is hooked up to the internet wirelessly all the time. He sometimes has issues with the router signal that I wish I could cure with almond.

I understand how to use it as a range extender which has work ok, but not great, so far. I now wonder if it may be a much better option to use the wired connections for almond and set it up as a second router. Will this make the wifi signal more powerful than just acting as a range extender? I am thinking of plugging almond to the ethernet available in his room.

Or should I use another feature in almond (access point, etc.)?

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Router or Extender
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 10:33:32 pm »
@ robros,

One of the best features of Almond is it is a multipurpose device, which can be used as Router or Range Extender or as an Access point according to our usage. If you don't want Almond to be in the same network as yours then you can set it up as Secondary Router or set it up as Access point. Compared to wireless Range Extender which would pick up signals wireless and extend it, hardwired would always give you stronger signals.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 18 queries.

bottleneck