bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Kwikset 912 Door Lock  (Read 6366 times)

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Kwikset 912 Door Lock
« on: June 01, 2015, 12:29:43 pm »
It took me a while to notice, but as of R076, my kwikset lock (912 Z-wave) was not working at all. My Kwikset 910 is working perfectly fine. To try and troubleshoot, I wanted to remove and add the kwikset 912 back. However, after successfully removing the lock, I am unable to add it back again. It says adding device and then stops. I have sent the logs as Kwikset 912.

Can you please look at it and let me know what the problem is ?

P.S: In R076, when you enter the description for send logs and hit done. It doesn't show you the description you just typed.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 12:33:47 pm by d.kiran »

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Kwikset 912 Door Lock
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 05:48:41 pm »
@ d.kiran,

Could you please try tapping on single "Remove" option under Add sensor and then follow the removal process on the Kwikset 910, you may receive the message "Unknown sensor removed" then try to add it and let us know the status.

If possible, please do the same by rebooting the Almond+.

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 06:49:53 pm »
I had already done that. Turns out the distance was a problem. I assumed that just because it found the sensor and was saying "Adding..", it was not a problem. Took almond to the lock and it worked. With previous firmwares, the updates were fairly quick, but it was not consistent. In R076, it is very consistent, but the updates take like 8-12 seconds. I am still trying to figure out if that's an overall improvement :-) .

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 04:04:49 pm »
I have noticed that the app returns the update much slower than the action actually takes place, meaning I unlock, it unlocks within ~2 seconds, about 8 - 10 more seconds later my app says unlocked. Haven't noted a change with firmwares but I rarely use my lock so I can't confirm that.

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 11:16:36 am »
Same here. With R072, if I say lock or unlock, about 1 out of 4 times, it would say timed out. Now it times out very rarely. However, as you said, while it locks within a sec or two, it takes a long time to send the response back. I am not sure if it is the problem with Kwikset or with Almond.

If anyone reading this has any other Z-wave lock (schlage, monoprice, yale), can you tell us how long it takes to lock/unlock and how long it takes to get the response back.

Offline Audie

• Backer
Re: Kwikset 910 Door Lock
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 06:14:32 pm »
I have two Kwickset Door 910 locks, with the R76 code running.  I see odd status that is not correct.  If I use the LCD UI or the IOS App, I see the same status.  Lock/Unlock work, that is cycling from one state to another in fact activates the lock, but the state is dubious.  Both are currently locked.  One currently shows the Padlock as locked and the text as unlocked and the other is exactly opposite.  Padlock open, text as locked.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.

bottleneck