Choose style:

Author Topic: Couple of Quick Questions for Potential Customer  (Read 4356 times)

Offline gomichaelkgo

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Couple of Quick Questions for Potential Customer
« on: June 04, 2015, 02:38:57 pm »
Hi,

I am considering an Almond 2015 to use as a wireless bridge to connect to a stereo receiver.  Currently I use a Logitech Squeezebox set to bridge my WiFi to Ethernet for connection to the receiver.  However, whenever the power goes out, the Squeezebox must be re-enabled to enable bridge mode.  This is annoying to me but a dealbreaker for others in my house who aren't technologically inclined.

If the power goes out at my house, and the cable modem, WiFi router, and Almond all initialize startup at the same time, will the Almond figure out that it needs to connect to the WiFi network and remember its settings?  What happens if the Almond completes booting up first before the router or cable modem?  Will it re-try periodically to establish a connection to my router without me doing anything?

Also, we currently use the Squeezebox not only as a wireless bridge but also to display the time and weather.  Can the screen on the Almond be set to show both the time and weather at the same time?  Is it possible to set the LCD to "always on" mode such that the time and/or weather are always displayed?  I'd never get up off the couch and go fuss with the Almond just to see the time.

Thanks everyone!

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Couple of Quick Questions for Potential Customer
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 05:09:10 pm »
@ gomichaelkgo,

Almond 2015 does remember the settings same like Almond and it would automatically connect once the main router wireless is back on. However, you may have to just wait for at least 1-2 minutes, so that it could search the signal and set itself as Wireless bridge. Even though Time/Weather app are in beta stages, they would give you basic functionality all the time with out turning of the display.

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 18 queries.