Choose style:

Author Topic: Need sensor recommendation ..  (Read 7742 times)

Offline jeffery

• Acorn
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Need sensor recommendation ..
« on: February 24, 2015, 05:32:15 pm »
Looking for a product recommendation supported by Almond+ that can read/alert temperature and humidity in my home crawl space. I would like to be able to check the readings and alert via rules where possible. I am thinking this is not possible with the Almond+, but a way to view a chart of the temp / humidity over-time would be ideal.

Offline Ohiomedic

• Backer
Re: Need sensor recommendation ..
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 02:04:21 am »
You have this which includes light and motion. (only motion and Temp work right now. with temp only showing on LCD)
http://www.amazon.com/Aeon-Labs-Aeotec-Z-Wave-Multi-Sensor/dp/B008D5TYGU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424933703&sr=8-1&keywords=aeon+labs

Also the quirky spotter out on 4/15/15 (New product us unknown if it will work but other quirky+GE products do so that is a good sign)
https://www.quirky.com/shop/982-spotter-uniq-customizable-multipurpose-sensor

As of right now the almond doesn't support alerts to a phone. Also rules haven't been implemented for temp. yet.

LGNilsson

Offline Ohiomedic

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 06:44:33 am »

Offline jeffery

• Acorn
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 06:31:15 pm »
thanks for the replies. I will consider the SmartSense Temp/Humidity Sensor once R071 is available; but customer reviews indicate the accuracy of this sensor is not reliable.

Vito

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 04:49:02 am »
I like the Aeotec 4in1 sensors, and although support is coming, its not there yet.

Offline Neel737

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 04:25:25 am »
thanks for the replies. I will consider the SmartSense Temp/Humidity Sensor once R071 is available; but customer reviews indicate the accuracy of this sensor is not reliable.

If Securifi allowed to use Temp and humidity readings from Thermostats like CT101 as trigger,  that would surely make this sensor redundant. For CT101 (Iris), A+ displays current temp but not humidity - and as of FW 70AS A+ does not allow either as trigger.

Offline jeffery

• Acorn
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2015, 03:15:28 pm »
Previous Securifi post stated-  "This will be working from R071 http://www.centralite.com/index.php/products/3-series/3-series-temperature-humidity-sensor/"

We are at level R80, any chance the SmartSense Temp/Humidity Sensor now supports humidity?

I am looking for a sensor to check humidity in my home crawl space and do not want to spend the money until confirmed.

recommendations welcomed. thanks.

Offline grouter

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2015, 05:59:24 am »
I know you're looking for a recommendation for an A+ humidity sensing solution (as am I), but I've recently set up a diy sensor network based on what can be found at http://mysensors.org and it's inexpensive and it works. There are a number of controllers available to handles scenes, actions, etc.

I'm still holding out hope that the A+ will one day have a mysensors plugin, but I realize the chance of that is slim to none.

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 18 queries.