Choose style:

Author Topic: Difficulty Connecting Almond as Router or Extender in Use w/ Arris Xfinity Combo  (Read 12625 times)

Offline Tug_Spano

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Hey there. I purchased an Almond Touch Screen N Router/Extender with these  Technical Specifications:
802.11bgn
300Mbps MIMO, 2 antennas
2 LAN + 1 WAN Ports
Power Supply: 5V, 1A
Port Forwarding, Firewall, DMZ, UPnP

From Amazon to use with this Arris Touchstone DOCSIS Xfinity Modem/Router combo that I was required to get for my  new home by Comcast. I bought that from Amazon too. We are in a canyon, and our home has multiple dead zones so we had to buy home phone service, which is why they made us buy this.

I can't get a signal to the Almond as a range extender and I can't get the router to work alone. I don't really know how to disable the Comcast router feature in the Arris Modem combo. Please help.

Thanks!

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
@ Tug_Spano,

It would be more helpful, if you could let us know which mode you would like to use the Almond because it can be used either as a Router or Range Extender. And also if you are receiving any error messages while trying to connect it. In your case I would suggest you to use it as Range Extender which would pick the wireless signals from Arris and would extend it to other parts of areas. Just keep the Almond at a distance of 30ft at least from your main router and run the Range Extender mode setup by tapping the "Range Extender app" on the Almond's touch screen and proceed with the onscreen instructions. In any case, let us know the status.

Offline Tug_Spano

I originally tried as a range extender, and once connected would receive the  picture notification on the screen of a red x (signal) going into the Almond, and a signal coming out. I was trying to use it in our family room, which is directly below the bedroom where the Arris is set up.  I'd really like to use it as an extender, in reading about this situation, I saw that it could be beneficial to disengage the router part of the Arris, then use an external router and an additional range extender.  I'm really not sure what do do or how to do it, only that nothing is working so far.

Offline Tug_Spano

So I guess I should be looking at calling instead of trying to get help here.  :(

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
@ Tug_Spano,

Tap on the icon "Status" as long as it says "Internet Connected" internet should be working fine Almond's network. Coming to the Red X the latest software would take care of the issue. The setup you are looking for is  possible, you can login to your main router and disable the wireless then connect an external router to provide the wireless connection and use the Almond as Range Extender to it. To make it simple, you can get one more Almond and connect one in Router mode and other in Range Extender mode.

Offline rohandarts

YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Hey BRO, Try resetting your router settings. Also before that you can try out some of the solutions given here, if you aren't able to login into the 192.168.100.1 i.e. the arris's router default gateway. Check out this link

Offline harim

@ rohandarts yes you are right dear resetting router setting is the first choice if you want further information then you can check here

Offline Trunganh1131

I think I should look at the call  :(

Offline sonef

Hey BRO, Try resetting your router settings. Also before that you can try out some of the solutions given here, if you aren't able to login into the 192.168.1.1 i.e. the arris's router default gateway. Check out this link page

thank you bro.

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 18 queries.