bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Support for two very convenient and inexpensive devices  (Read 5643 times)

Offline jnowland

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Support for two very convenient and inexpensive devices
« on: July 06, 2015, 07:25:21 am »
I have found two devices, which are very inexpensive and convenient.  I have gotten them added to my A+ however, their connectivity status is sketchy.

The first is the Schlage RP200RNX V N N SL Home Dimmer Module.  This module is the only one I could find for $20.  It is perfect for use with my LED light strips and it has a pass-thru outlet.  However, as I stated the connectivity is sketchy.  I have to re-boot my A+ sometimes in order to control it with the APP or even when using the web interface (connect.securifi.com).

The other is the Linear FS20Z-1 Z-Wave in Wall Fixture Module.  This device I use for my pool pump.  It is located in my detached garage.  I have even moved my A+ to my bedroom, which is the closest spot in the house to the switch (maybe 20 feet).  It is frustrating to open the app only to find out that the switch status is "off".  I have a rule written to turn it on at 6am and another rule to turn it off at 2pm.  The turn off rule works most of the time, but not the turn on.  And sometimes I can't even get the app to control the switch manually.

Please advise

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Support for two very convenient and inexpensive devices
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 06:37:42 pm »
General Questions:
1) What version software do you have on your Almond+?
2) Did you add them before or after putting the latest version on?
3) Have you tried removing them and then adding them?

RP200RNX:
Not much about this module in the forum yet so I have to say mileage might vary. I have a couple on the way to try out myself (and just to have them act as repeaters).

FS20Z:
A number of people have had luck with the Linear FS20Z (I just ordered one myself based on that) so it seems like it should work.
Question for this one specifically... How big is your pool pump? This is only rated up to a 1/2hp and I know many can go above that.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 12:51:44 am by fillibar »
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline jnowland

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 02:39:41 pm »
1) R80
2) Before
3) Yes

My A+ senses them most of the time.  I just think it is weird that there would be times they would not be sensed. 

The FS20Z is actually a 20 amp capable unit, rated to handle up to a 1hp motor.  Specs are below:

Specifications • Maximum Load:
 Isolated Contacts: 20 amps G.P. maximum, 277 VAC, 10FLA, 60LRA, 250VAC
 Motor: 1 H.P. maximum, 120/240 VAC
 Incandescent: TV8 (Tungsten), 120 VAC, 960W maximum
• Signal (Frequency): 908.42 MHz
• J-Box mounted
• Dry or wet contact applications
• Range: Up to 100 feet line of sight between the controller and/or the closest Z-Wave device
 • Input: 120 VAC, 50/60 Hz
• Z-Wave Version 4.55
• Network wide inclusion
• Scene: Command Class
• Security beaming
• Isolated Relay Output up to 277v

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 03:17:20 pm »
Well... Then I have pretty much a whole lot of nothing on ideas. Sorry. As for the specs, good to know. I looked at Amazon for it and the image they show of it has the label reading 1/2hp (but I just saw the label is for an LFM-20, so a different unit). The description (as you said) shows 20A and 1hp. Oddly the Technical Details shows 15A. Either way... Decent unit.

Nortek's site (formerly Linear) also confirms the higher numbers.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck