bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: pairs but doesn't work - Linear WO15Z-1 Z-Wave Tamper Resistant 15-Amp Wall Outlet  (Read 10632 times)

Offline czyzczyz

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Subject line says it all -- The "Linear WO15Z-1 Z-Wave Tamper Resistant 15-Amp Wall Outlet" (Amazon ASIN: B00JFK1YRE) pairs with the Almond+  but can't be controlled.

It appears to be an "Unsupported device!":

When I access the list of devices on my Almond+ by accessing the URL "http://router-local-IP/cgi-bin/luci/;stok=long-security-token-redacted/admin/almond?cmd=list", it shows up as:

"9":{"Name":"outlet by av cabinet","FriendlyDeviceType":"UnknownDeviceType","DeviceType":"0","DeviceID":"9","Location":"Living Room","DeviceValues":{}}}

If there's more information I can glean for Securifi about the device from any log file or the output of any command on the router, please let me know. I'd be happy to ssh in and dig up whatever info is needed to get this device working as I've got two of them in my walls.

LGNilsson

What firmware are you on? It works perfectly with R070as, I just tested it here.

Offline czyzczyz

• Backer
Hi Lars,

I'm on AP2-R070-L009-W016-ZW016-ZB005.

I hadn't been running beta firmwares as the last one mentioned a problem with the VPN server, and I've been depending on that function. But I don't see that listed as a problem for 70as beta, so I'll go ahead and update.

Thanks.

Offline czyzczyz

• Backer
I'm now running  AP2-R072-L009-W016-ZW016-ZB005*

Kudos on getting software updates from the LCD to work.

My WO15Z-1 was listed on the Almond Plus as an unsupported device. So after updating to R072 and seeing it still listed as unsupported, I removed it from the Almond Plus with the intention of re-adding it in the hope that the Almond Plus would now see its capabilities when associating.

Unfortunately, Removing the receptacle from the Almond Plus seems to have left it in a strange state. I can neither add it, nor remove it. I can hit add on the Almond Plus, run downstairs and hit the button on the receptacle, and run back upstairs to see that nothing has occurred. The same process can be executed for 'remove' to no avail.  I suppose I could do 'remove all', and that might do the trick, but then I'd have to go through the trouble of re-adding all of my other z-wave devices.

Maybe this problem is similar to this one? http://forum.securifi.com/index.php/topic,3029.0.html

_____
* Is there a reason that the Almond's web interface is somehow constructed to disable copying and pasting its text? It adds a lot of steps to the task of copying the firmware version in order to paste it here.

Offline czyzczyz

• Backer
I should add that I'm suspecting this bit of info from the receptacle's manual is the culprit:

NOTE: If you have trouble adding the WO15Z-1 to a group it may be that the Home ID and Node ID were not cleared from it after testing. You must first “RESET UNIT” with your controller to remove it from the network.

I see no way to 'reset unit' with the Almond Plus. Maybe there's a way, but it's not intuitive.

LGNilsson

Use the Remove option under Add Sensor. If you removed it by taping on Edit/Remove under Connected Sensors, then it wasn't reset. Z-Wave devices needs to be removed using the Remove option under Add Sensor or you run into the issue you're having.

Offline czyzczyz

• Backer
I've tried the remove option under add sensor. The Almond+ displays a message telling me to put the sensor in 'remove', 'leave', or 'exclude' mode.

There's only one way to interact with the WO15Z-1 and that is via a single button on it. The outlet's manual says:
The outlet's manual says "The button on the face of the WO15Z-1 Receptacle can be used to carry out inclusion (add to a group), association (operate simultaneously with other nodes), exclusion (remove from group) or reset (remove from network). " It doesn't list any particular pattern of button presses or holds to go into remove mode.
http://www.nortekcontrol.com/pdf/manuals/WO15Z1_manual.pdf

So I press that button when the Almond+ is asking me to put the sensor in remove/leave/exclude. Nothing happens (except that the desk lamp I've connected to the outlet turns on or off).

I've also tried hitting the button on the outlet with the lamp disconnected. The Almond+ continues to display the same message, no change. Either the outlet won't go into the necessary mode or the Almond+ isn't receptive to the outlet signaling that it's ready to be removed?

LGNilsson

How far apart are they? And are both using the same Z-Wave frequency? As I don't know where you're located or what we sent you, it's a bit hard for me to guess what's going on here.

Offline czyzczyz

• Backer
Just a followup -- I got the outlet working. It turns out that the documentation for the outlet neglected to mention that one has to quickly double-click its button in order to put it into remove mode. That was it.

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 22 queries.

bottleneck