Choose style:

Author Topic: Is this product dead? Should I write off my investment and move on?  (Read 81884 times)

Offline KP4

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Is this product dead? Should I write off my investment and move on?
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2015, 08:54:59 am »
I'm working in Singapore and had two Almond + devices working very well in my vacant house and my mother's house in the US.  Unfortunately, the new firmware and cloud updates messed up my configuration.  I was unable to see my activated sensors online, so Securifi told me to upgrade to R080, which I did.  Now I can see my sensors but can't access them. Next step is to remove and add them back to the devices.  Easy to say, but I'm overseas and the houses are vacant.  Very frustrating.  I was only home for a few hours the last time and thought I successfully added my Cree and GE lights, but they quit working. 

I purchased many more sensors, but decided to wait until all these problems were resolved.  This is not for the faint of heart, or for someone like me that relies on leaving a working system just to find out a month later that firmware and cloud has been "upgraded" and you've lost connectivity.  Can't depend on it to monitor a vacation house or assist an elderly person to automate their home.

I can install older firmware, but then I can't see my sensors on the Cloud.  I've got too much invested, but I'm willing to move along if I don't see progress.  It also appears that no recent beta firmware has been released to address problems encountered by some of the sensors had with the last few releases.I cannot recommend the device to my family members that were initially impressed when I had a few things automated.  The potential is there, but we must hear from Securifi on current and future plans to fix these issues.  I understand if you have small staff and are overwhelmed, but your customers need to be informed on these plans.  Please publish a roadmap of where you're going and when.  Thanks!

Offline Ab

• Backer
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2015, 01:41:13 pm »
I kind of second Pete. simply because we have invested our time (not just money) in to this and it definitely isnt  a bad product. I can sense that they guy at the top really had the right motive behind this all but also needs the funds to keep this setup going (therefore the need to sell on Amazon) so what is wrong with that? if it justifies the very existence of the company. How else can you keep feeding yourself and your employees and keep up the infrastructure????

We can be critical of them them all we want but you have to be realistic on the economic front too! Sure I want the rules working and the A+ at the level of a well behaved HAS, they need our support if you want them to survive. We invested in all of this together so lets give them any support they need. Not sure how we can, but that's for Securifi to spell out. For e.g. I cannot and will not recommend this product to my friends and family if Securifi are going to keep quiet and do their own thing ... or not! Frankly we need you guys at securifi to be proactive and keep us posted or its only a matter of time before all of us jump ship. And word on the net gets around way too fast despite some of our best intentions. Guys are you listening?

Offline felixdacat

• Chestnut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2015, 11:29:03 pm »
Same here, I think we're in quite a sad phase at the moment. Progress has reached a plateau for several weeks now, firmware is being released which feels like QA didn't do a good job, and communication has hit a substantial low since Lars has left. Responses, if any, from Securifi and/or moderators have become vague and almost meaningless. I stopped counting how often a roadmap has been requested or at least some insights on what is being worked on at the moment. But nothing is happening, Securifi has become a black box. This type of development does not pair well with a funding, engaged community.

Team Securifi: You are losing touch with your customer base. I've seen many consumer electronic startups take this route and it's impossible to recover.

Offline abhinavk

• Backer
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2015, 12:51:05 am »
I second the sentiment expressed in this forum. i was impressed with securifi how they handled the phase till shipping out hardware. Things were still fine till Lars was here, there was good transparent communication. Current state leaves me worried. I dont have the confidence to use Almond+ as either my primary router or primary HA server. Hope Securifi takes steps to improve confidence an example will be publishing a roadmap of features/enhancements that we can expect.

Offline vansens

• Backer
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2015, 01:26:15 pm »
I just wanted to throw my hat in here and agree with everyone that I start to wonder abandoning the A+. The lack of a Roadmap is killing me!

Offline smitch019

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2015, 07:23:39 pm »
I also agree with you all.  I don't think it is asking to much for a roadmap, which I'm sure might have changes from time to time, but at least an idea of where this is going.  I do think the Almond+ has a ton of potential, but I'm afraid before to long many will bail on this project for something else.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2015, 07:10:34 am »
@ All,

No guys, we have not given up. Many of our developers are spending 50-60hr weeks working on our next release. This will be a big one. It will have the following features
-Scenes
-Nest Integration
-Support for more sensors
-Improvements to Rules Engine
-Two big surprises

We can't commit to a release date but these features are working in our lab already and we're fixing bugs now. We want to make sure its a well tested before release. If any of you want to do early beta testing, please let us know. But you will have to sign an NDA. We want to make sure there is an element of surprise and we can do some PR activities when these features are announced.

We will continue to add new features and fix bugs for Almond routers for the foreseeable future. After this new release, we will talk about what comes after that.

Offline Fire69

• Backer
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2015, 07:25:11 am »
Ashok, that is some great news!!

I am really happy to finally hear some positive news.  If all those features will be available (soon), that will be a huge improvement!

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2015, 12:01:36 pm »
@ Ashok, This is most excellent news. I was truly hoping this would be the case. I would be willing to test the private beta as I am already testing the beta releases. You can send me a message here to set up when its time if you'd like.

Offline Deleted

• Backer
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2015, 01:34:47 pm »
@Ashok,

I would also like to be part of the beta.  Just let me know what I need to do/sign.

Thanks.

Offline Fire69

• Backer
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2015, 02:35:27 pm »
Forgot to mention it, but obviously I am also very interested in testing these beta releases! :-)

Offline Neel737

• Backer
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2015, 03:48:38 pm »
@ All,

No guys, we have not given up. Many of our developers are spending 50-60hr weeks working on our next release. This will be a big one. It will have the following features
-Scenes
-Nest Integration
-Support for more sensors
-Improvements to Rules Engine
-Two big surprises

We can't commit to a release date but these features are working in our lab already and we're fixing bugs now. We want to make sure its a well tested before release. If any of you want to do early beta testing, please let us know. But you will have to sign an NDA. We want to make sure there is an element of surprise and we can do some PR activities when these features are announced.

We will continue to add new features and fix bugs for Almond routers for the foreseeable future. After this new release, we will talk about what comes after that.

Ashok,
Wink if DSC/Ademco alarm panel integration is one of the 2 surprises :-)

Securifi promised in one of our early postings that you would let us know the status of this very powerful feature - may be that I missed it or you guys forgot about it...
Thanks - good news indeed. Hopefully A+ will be ready to challenge ST v2 platform in the HA front.

Offline joltdude

• Backer
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2015, 04:45:52 pm »
Send an NDA this way... hopefully as a docusign document or with a us fax number =)
Still hope for it to interoperate a bit better ... It still doesn't like my Wimax device.. though by the end of this year that will be moot..

-J

Offline eldaria

• Kickstarter Developer
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2015, 04:51:05 pm »
No guys, we have not given up.

Quote from: Ashok

That is good news, I had started giving up on the Almond+ as a Home Automation platform du to a lack of updates and progress.
I pledged for the KS campaign mainly for the Home Automation, and this area had recieved the least amount of love from Securifi, so I really hope something starts happening on this side of things. Right now it is a very nice router with some remote control of appliances and some basic rules, but not much more.

Quote from: Ashok

I would love to take part in Beta testing, so sign me up for the list.

Offline medatom

• Backer
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2015, 04:59:16 pm »
Ashok
I would like to be part of the beta program as well. I have over 37 devices of zwave/zigbee combo. Still not installed the schlage locks due to issues. Would love to be able to use them.
Thanks

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 15 queries.