Choose style:

Author Topic: Is this product dead? Should I write off my investment and move on?  (Read 82249 times)

Offline felixdacat

• Chestnut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Is this product dead? Should I write off my investment and move on?
« Reply #120 on: October 27, 2015, 01:40:18 pm »
I like to 2nd that. It's extremely frustrating that there is zero perspective after so many months. THERE HAS TO BE A ROADMAP!

It has been 90 days since the solicitations started for beta testers.  Are there any updates or outcomes from the testing? 

Securifi, would you please post some sort of timeline?   Also, just so you know, the word "soon" is not a timeline or an update schedule--"soon" is also not a good business practice when dealing with customers, it is a brush off and a cop out.

Please post some sort of statement about your business and this product.  We as customers deserve at least that from you.

Offline cswilly

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #121 on: October 27, 2015, 01:42:38 pm »
@obmd1 "16% increase in speed" big f'ing deal. Glad you have money to burn for 16%. If I don't get 200% I am not wasting my money on a new router. Mine is stable enough and hackable enough for me.

To be sure we are missing many home automation features. So I am very much looking for the beta to go live ASAP.

Not sure I would Kickstarter securifi again, but now that I have the Almond+ it is doing enough for me.

Offline obmd1

• Backer
« Reply #122 on: October 27, 2015, 04:32:01 pm »
Range improved too. And strangely my connectivity is more reliable for my Connex thermostats and even LAN connections. Jus sayin. They can't all be winners.

Offline cjansss

• Backer
« Reply #123 on: November 07, 2015, 07:23:38 pm »
I've read some comments in this thread and around the forum and it still seems like the home automation is still not up to snuff (I.e. home remote control rather than any automation logic), could someone confirm this? I haven't used it for 4 months due to the bad general state and lack of response and updates from securifi, it all went away with Lars it seems, does he still work there? Did the corporate sales team get greedy and cut all the development work or reallocated them to work on the almond 2015?

Offline andersos

• Backer
« Reply #124 on: November 08, 2015, 12:11:05 pm »
I've been content so far. But now I want to start with some HA stuff. I'm starting with the new Nanoleaf Smarter led kit.
So, not having read up on the state of Almond+ HA, and, if I may ask in this thread - those Nanoleaf bulbs work with Zigbee. Would they
work instantly with the current Almond+ firmware? Or could I be waiting months for support? There's a decicated hub in the Nanoleaf Smarter kit,
but I'd want to centralize all HA to one hub.

Offline grouter

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #125 on: November 08, 2015, 12:30:01 pm »
So, not having read up on the state of Almond+ HA, and, if I may ask in this thread - those Nanoleaf bulbs work with Zigbee. Would they
work instantly with the current Almond+ firmware? Or could I be waiting months for support? There's a decicated hub in the Nanoleaf Smarter kit,
but I'd want to centralize all HA to one hub.

They should work if they're Zigbee HA 1.2. I looked around a bit but didn't find any Zigbee specs for any of the Nanoleaf bulbs.

Offline andersos

• Backer
« Reply #126 on: November 08, 2015, 02:02:41 pm »
Thanks for the answer! Only the bulbs that come with their Smarter kit are Zigbee. And they're HA1.2 I see now in the specs : http://www.nanoleaf.me/smarter

The Smarter kit are currently on sale at Indiegogo https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/nanoleaf-smarter-kit-voice-controlled-lighting/x/4042493#/story

Offline TheLostSwede

• Chestnut
« Reply #127 on: November 09, 2015, 09:23:49 am »
The Nanoleaf bulbs should work, as they considered using the Almond 2015 as their main gateway at one point and they added full support for it. The Almond 2015 shares the same ZigBee stack as the Almond+, so there shouldn't be any issues, unless Nanoleaf made some huge changes towards the end, but I wouldn't imagine that's the case.

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
« Reply #128 on: November 09, 2015, 09:59:10 am »
I don't think they can be used with Siri if they are paired with Almond. Is that correct ?

Offline andersos

• Backer
« Reply #129 on: November 09, 2015, 12:50:37 pm »
Ok TheLostSwede, thanks. The Nanoleaf Ivy is the first smart led bulb that I find interesting.

Offline kbtn

« Reply #130 on: November 27, 2015, 10:19:17 am »
Wow, I have the most viewed topic Securifi has ever had and not a peep out f them.  I've long moved past used the router as it is now an expensive dust collector in my closet and a reminder of my worst investment to date.

I see that nothing has changed, no updates, no roadmap, and no answers from Securifi.  Securifi doesn't value its customers enough to even have the common decency to publish some kind of statement and this is why the company will, eventually, be bankrupt .  Right now they have a slew of over inflated reviews on Amazon to continue sales. 

Offline TheLostSwede

• Chestnut
« Reply #131 on: November 28, 2015, 12:33:46 pm »
Well, apparently the new firmware is almost ready for release, from what I've heard. I don't know when it'll be, but let's hope it's what we've been waiting for...

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
« Reply #132 on: November 29, 2015, 10:41:40 am »
Well, apparently the new firmware is almost ready for release, from what I've heard. I don't know when it'll be, but let's hope it's what we've been waiting for...

That's just it Swede, it has been " almost ready" for over 3 months.  I can't be the only one that has to wonder if everything went to ____ because you left, or if you left because you saw the writing on the wall.

Offline TheLostSwede

• Chestnut
« Reply #133 on: November 30, 2015, 05:13:59 am »

That's just it Swede, it has been " almost ready" for over 3 months.  I can't be the only one that has to wonder if everything went to ____ because you left, or if you left because you saw the writing on the wall.

I didn't leave because I saw the writing on the wall as you put it, I left for personal reasons that have nothing to do with Securifi or its products.

That said, some past firmwares were rushed out and caused as many problems as they fixed, so it seems like they've decided to do things differently, which sadly seems to have disappointed a lot of you guys due to there being no updates for a very long time. I'm hoping this firmware will fix some issues I'm having as well, so fingers crossed this is what we've all been waiting for and that it'll be out this week....

Offline ismaris

« Reply #134 on: November 30, 2015, 05:56:07 pm »
So I just bought this product on Amazon, and I am a bit worried reading the comments in this forum.  I am basically wanting a powerful AC router with long range, and the touch screen seems like a nice feature.  I am concerned, however, that the added expense here ($194 for a router is quite a bit) is going to be wasted, as most of you are saying that its function as a "smart hub" are not really production-ready.  I suppose I will give it a try, and if I don't like it after a week, I will return it.  I appreciate all of you commenting here and caring enough to inform prospective buyers.

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.

bottleneck