Choose style:

Author Topic: Almond 2015 and Almond+ on Prime Day  (Read 6329 times)

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Almond 2015 and Almond+ on Prime Day
« on: July 15, 2015, 07:00:37 am »
Just saw that the Almond 2015 is coming up in a minute on Amazon as a Prime Day deal. The Almond+ is coming up soon, about an hour or so.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
Re: Almond 2015 and Almond+ on Prime Day
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 09:50:51 am »
Looks like we will have a number of new people to look forward to meeting. All the Almond 2015 devices were claimed and the Almond+ is over 50% already.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 07:52:32 pm »
noticed this too but have no idea of how many units that were actually moved.

Offline pete

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 09:33:27 am »
Curious what deals did you guys get on the Securifi Almond 2015 / Almond + on Prime Day?
[img width= height= alt=" width="250" height="52" class="bbc_img resized]http://forum.securifi.com/Themes/Firox_multicolor_by_SMFSimple/images/logo.png[/img]
Pete
Lockport, IL  USA

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 06:08:35 pm »
Did not buy one myself. I already have them. I debated about getting another Almond+ for relatives but decided not to as they all have Prime themselves. The only thing I got was a 5 in 1 weather station. Now if only it was possible to pass THAT data to the Almond+.

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 06:13:57 pm »
Did not buy one myself. I already have them. I debated about getting another Almond+ for relatives but decided not to as they all have Prime themselves. The only thing I got was a 5 in 1 weather station. Now if only it was possible to pass THAT data to the Almond+.

It is possible depending on the unit you purchased. Those weather stations capable of connecting to the NWS or WeatherUnderground via an Internet connection can have their data copied to your Linux Server/Almond+ and then that data displayed. Would require some custom code, but yes, that can be accomplished.
Kickstarter Backer
Securifi Wiki Editor and Beta Tester, Not a Securifi employee
Almond+, many sensors, IOS App, Android Apps and Widgets

Offline pete

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2015, 02:26:10 am »
Here utilize Cumulus software with a Fine Offset, Davis Vantage Vue and Davis VP2.

Last build of Cumulus runs on an RPi2.  You can do just about anything with Cumulus (and it will work fine with the Almond +).

I am guessing that the 5 in 1 weather station is an AcuRite. 

[img width= height= alt=" width="250" height="52" class="bbc_img resized]http://forum.securifi.com/Themes/Firox_multicolor_by_SMFSimple/images/logo.png[/img]
Pete
Lockport, IL  USA

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2015, 07:14:09 am »
Yes, it is the Acurite. I am already bridging the data to their cloud. I know it is POSSIBLE to get the data to the Almond+... but a bit beyond me. My most extensive accomplishment lately is only writing a sketch so that an Arduino can publish data to Weathercloud.net. It was not actually that bad to do but apparently I was the first and it was some good practice for me. Something different than the Christmas light controllers I typically write. Or the Auto Topoff unit I am writing now.

The funny thing, I am not very interested in the weather overall. I was just curious about the wind around here since we can get pretty high winds at winter. I had tried to install a limited weather station (wind speed, direction, temperature, and humidity) last winter on a pole for some of my Christmas lights... but it tipped and smashed the wind section.

My goal is to eventually have a better idea of the wind near ground level and when it gets too high to automatically shut off my wife's inflatables so they do not get blown over or damaged.

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2015, 02:00:45 pm »
Now that is an automation I can get behind. " If wind speed is above 40 mph shut off inflatables".  I would add " If raining or snowing inflate all inflatables". We have a few that I put up on the porch roof. It is NOT fun having to climb up there after a storm and shovel them off so that can inflate.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2015, 03:36:01 pm »
Great idea. It has a rain gauge but of course it cannot read snow. Maybe some smarts Securifi could build in based on whatever service they use for the weather app? Inflate them for a few minutes after each inch or 2 of snow fall so it drops off (and does not build up on them while inflated).

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 20 queries.