bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Monoprice z-wave motion detector with temperature sensor  (Read 12004 times)

Offline jamenlang

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Monoprice z-wave motion detector with temperature sensor
« on: March 09, 2015, 11:38:20 am »
This went on sale last week and I purchased it for temperature monitoring, I paired it to the almond and it listed a few options to choose from to finalize the pairing. It gave me the option of motion sensor, binary switch or other. The temperature sensor was not listed.

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=122&cp_id=12212&cs_id=1221201&p_id=10796&seq=1&format=2

This looks like it's an unbranded Vision sensor, listed on the compatible sensor list as ZS3102.

http://www.visionsecurity.com.tw/ha_products_page2_154_161.html

I'm not sure if this will be of any use, but here's how to access the temperature in vera for this device:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=13041.0
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 11:44:49 am by jamenlang »
3x Cree connected bulbs - mostly working, some toggle failures using the app; Monoprice PIR - working, waiting for temperature rules;  Trane Thermostat - working; Linear T500Z - working; 3x GE outlets - working; Aeon G2 micro switch, working.

Offline Quikster

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Monoprice z-wave motion detector with temperature sensor
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 12:12:02 pm »
hopefully can get this working. I was just looking at this same sensor to use on my front porch as a temperature/motion sensor. I wanted to be able to grab the outside temperature for a rule to adjust the thermostat and could tie in the motion sensor with the wink light bulb I have on the front porch.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 12:29:44 pm »
Lars has mentioned in the past that the temperature will be supported at some point. They originally coded for an earlier version of the motion sensor that did not have temperature support.
http://forum.securifi.com/index.php/topic,1949
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline jamenlang

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 12:31:50 pm »
hopefully can get this working. I was just looking at this same sensor to use on my front porch as a temperature/motion sensor. I wanted to be able to grab the outside temperature for a rule to adjust the thermostat and could tie in the motion sensor with the wink light bulb I have on the front porch.

My goal is similar. I would like to set up a rule to monitor the temperature on the 2nd level of my house and change the 1st floor thermostat settings accordingly. I couldn't sleep last night, the temperature was at 70F which is just warm enough for me to not need any covers/sheets, but too cool to go without them. A single degree on my thermostat downstairs makes a world of difference at 2am.
3x Cree connected bulbs - mostly working, some toggle failures using the app; Monoprice PIR - working, waiting for temperature rules;  Trane Thermostat - working; Linear T500Z - working; 3x GE outlets - working; Aeon G2 micro switch, working.

Offline Ohiomedic

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 12:57:39 pm »
Right now temperature is only displayed on the sensor page of the almond LCD. It is stuck on Celsius or Fahrenheit at random. They are working on a global setting so you can set it to your preference. Also the temperature should be coming soon to the apps if a recall correctly.

LGNilsson

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 02:00:04 pm »
As far as I'm aware, all the senors Monoprice sell are from Vision.
We support a lot of them, but I can't guarantee we support all of them.

In this case it works, but we don't have support for some of the software controllable options of Z-Wave devices as yet.

Offline jamenlang

• Backer
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 12:19:32 pm »
I just checked the sensor page and saw that it is reporting temperature. i'll await an update to put that to use.

Offline Quikster

• Backer
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 01:33:08 pm »
that's good to hear, now just need to be able to use it in a rule

Offline Neel737

• Backer
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2015, 06:33:16 pm »

I would like to use it in a similar manner. I just included this sensor in my A+ (R76 FW). I selected "multi sensor" in the inclusion dialog. Looks like it detects motion and shows temp (both in C and F)  but ONLY ON LCD.  On local WEB UI it is just unsupported hence the sensor is basically useless as it can not be used to set any rule.

@Ashok or anybody from Securifi, could you please update us whether sensor will be REALLY supported in the next FW release? TIA.

Offline engr.jpc

• Backer
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2015, 01:22:58 pm »
@ Securifi: Is there any update on this?

I have 4 of this - motion detector with temp sensor. I paired 3 of them as motion sensors which I can see the temp only in the LCD UI. The motion sensor part works great but can't do anything with the temp feature.

I paired 1 of them as multisensor which also shows temp on LCD plus it says Humidity False... and in web UI it says unsupported. I hope this specific device will be supported.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2015, 08:17:42 am »
@ All,

The Monoprice Z-wave device listed supports only Motion and Temperature even though we select multi sensor, and got the confirmation from our team that support would be added to other UI's, however, don't have any ETA yet. I would be happy to update the post the moment I receive a confirmation on which firmware we are going to add this.

Offline Ab

• Backer
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2015, 09:13:20 pm »
I was able to pair these as multi-sensors and got them to display on the A+ correctly but the UI does show them as unsupported.

I therefore decided to un-pair them to test them as only motion sensors and eventually wound up removing both devices and cannot get to unpair either of them.

Any suggestions on how to unpair and pair these again?

Offline Ab

• Backer
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2015, 08:14:40 pm »
I figured out how to reset/reattach the motion sensors.

Set the A+ router into include mode and then insert a watch screwdriver into the reset pin hole (a the rear of the sensor) and click it couple of times. The sensor reattaches almost immediately.

This time I selection Motion Sensor (not multi sensor) and I was able to get the web UI to see it as a sensor and am now able to set rules. The web UI doesnt display the temp but both the A+ UI does and the Android app too displays the temp in the log.

Hopefully the log will fix this in the next release

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 18 queries.

bottleneck