bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: New Firmware (80) broke plex remote access  (Read 4144 times)

Offline saintiain

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
New Firmware (80) broke plex remote access
« on: July 15, 2015, 12:20:42 pm »
I just updated my Almond+ the other day from a firmware a few steps back. 70-72 maybe?
Since then I have been unable to maintain a connection to the internet from my plex server using their remote access feature.
It will allow me to sign in and everything is ok for about 5-30 minutes but then I get signed out and it says it cant establish a connection to the internet.
This all started when I upgraded the firmware on the router.
I have tried everything I can think of including port forwarding 34200 that they say to do.
I even tried moving down to my original firmware and that didnt work.
I am at my whits end trying to figure this out.
Please help

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
Re: New Firmware (80) broke plex remote access
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 02:58:01 pm »
@ saintiain,

As you have already tried reverting back to the older firmware and still facing the same issue. If you have not tried yet then please perform a proper factory reset and then check the performance.

Offline saintiain

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 10:22:37 pm »
That did not work for me. Did a factory reset and issue persists. 

https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/200931138
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 10:54:19 pm by saintiain »

Offline gqukyo

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 02:47:35 am »
Did you get this fixed?  I tried forwarding ports and it doesn't work for me either.  Canyouseeme.org says the ports are closed even though I fwded the ports.

Offline govee

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 01:47:09 pm »
I have external access with Plex on R80. Do you use a static IP on your server? Do you check for forwarding status in Plex when you set up the ports? My server is simply a Ubuntu desktop running Plex. I gave the server a static IP outside the servers DHCP range and it has worked from the first release. That is not to say I did not have to re-forward ports after updates, but it always reconnected.  I was also able to continually monitor IPWeb Cams with port forwarding across updates. I am not suggesting you do not have an issue by the way, just that it seems to that the R80 firmware is capable of port forwarding and that you may have more one off problem, be it forwarding setup, IP assignment, or hardware for that matter.

Offline revoman

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 04:39:31 pm »
Might help.  I had an issue with port forwarding (related to Xbox Live), which wasn't resolved by a "factory reset".  The problem wasn't resolved until I manually went into the OpenWRT admin console and initiated a factory reset from there, followed by a reset from the LCD.  I then manually re-entered all my settings and re-joined all my devices (which totally sucked).  After all that my issue was finally solved.  I don't know exactly what caused the problem but it felt like the UI Reset missed cleaning something and that same bad setting was stored in my exported configuration.  It's worth a try to get Plex working again.  :) 

Good luck,
-Nate

P.S.  I'm a Plex lover...  Wow, that sounds bad.

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 24 queries.