bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Almond+ cannot communicate with sensors after power failure  (Read 4228 times)

Offline Eduard

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Almond+ cannot communicate with sensors after power failure
« on: August 05, 2015, 06:51:36 am »
I recently purchased two Almond+, one is used as router (upstairs) the other (downstairs) as range extender.

I successfully connected all my sensors to the almond downstairs and everything works well but when I got a power failure for some reasons I have to perform an hardware reset to restore the communication with my sensors.

If I check the sensors thru the LCD or the Web panel everything is still there and linked correctly but when for example I try to turn on a Philips Hue I always get the message "Please Refresh & Retry".
But as I said after an hardware reset everything comes back to normal, but of course I can't rely on this, especially when I'm not home.

Any suggestions except buying an UPS?
Both Almond+ are updated to the latest firmware R080.

Thanks in advance.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Almond+ cannot communicate with sensors after power failure
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 10:19:04 pm »
Every power failure or reset does this? Or was it just this one? Have you tried removing and re-pairing the devices?

I have not seen this and we have had unfortunately more power failures than we are used to (enough that my WIFE, the non-techie, wants a generator. None of them have caused devices to be "lost" though. The main difference I see otherwise is I have one Almond+ as a router alone. Could it be the one Almond+?
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 08:16:19 am »
@ Eduard,

That's strange, whenever this happens tap on status to ensure that it is connected to internet and also try to access the sensors through LCD UI first and then go with other UI's. If you are still facing the same issue then please do send logs, so that we can take a look at it.

Offline spooky123

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 06:28:06 pm »
Same thing happened to me.

After a power failure, the LCD, the App, the Web Interface, and the Cloud account are all unable to communicate with sensors "more advanced" sensors like the thermostat. Lamp modules still work but not thermostat.... get the standard cannot update status, refresh and retry, or other message. 2nd time I've had a power outage and this has happened on R080. I have to re-join the sensors that aren't working after power fail which sucks.

Offline Eduard

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 05:55:31 pm »
Hey guys thanks for your replies.
I got another power failure yesterday and same problem.
If I check the sensors, status of the internet connection on the LCD of my A+ in range extender mode everything seems still connected and working but if I check the Logs, seems my problem is related to the IP address.

Code: [Select]
Aug 11 20:02:06 AlmondPlus user.info sysinit:  is not a valid IP address
After a reset has been assigned another IP and everything is back to normal.
Not sure why I'm having this problem since I don't have any IP address conflict.
How can I manually set a static IP if the Almond+ is set as Range Extender? I'm a bit lost in the OpenWRT interface, I used Tomato before.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 07:49:59 pm »
@ Eduard,

As mentioned to you earlier, this is very strange and it should not be happening. However, it would be very helpful if you could get in touch with our support team at support@securifi.com whenever this happens and please do not hit reset. Thank you!

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 25 queries.