Choose style:

Author Topic: Static IP address not working for some of my devices  (Read 3819 times)

Offline Richel

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Static IP address not working for some of my devices
« on: August 12, 2015, 06:20:04 am »
I have been using my Almond+ for the better part of a year as a range extender. It has been quite stable. Yesterday, I switched it to being my primary router. I have a large number of devices that need to have static IP addresses for my HomeSeer automation system. I am finding that I cannot keep the static IP address assigned to some of my devices. In particular, the Almond+ is changing the IP addresses on two of my IP thermostats, which have been integrated into HomeSeer. As a result, they are not communicating with the home automation system. I have the latest software (R080) for the Almond+. Is there a limit to the number of devices that can have static IP addresses? Any suggestions would be appreciated, since this problem needs to be solved for me to continue using the Almond+ as my primary router.
Thanks.
Elliott

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
Re: Static IP address not working for some of my devices
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 09:54:56 am »
@ Richel,

We know that there is a limit of 8 static IP address which could be assigned using the Almond+, however, I am personally using up to 10 with out any concerns. Could you please let us know how many devices you provided the static IP addresses?

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 10:04:52 am »
I have found it works better to set the Static IP at the devices rather than in A+.  The only time I ran into an issue doing it this way was when one of the devices was not hooked up and A+ reassigned its IP to another device. So of course once I hooked it back up there was an immediate conflict.  A simple reboot solved that problem once I figured out what had happened.

Offline Richel

• Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 02:11:21 pm »
@ Richel,

We know that there is a limit of 8 static IP address which could be assigned using the Almond+, however, I am personally using up to 10 with out any concerns. Could you please let us know how many devices you provided the static IP addresses?
Ashok:

Thanks. Therein lies the rub. I have many more than 8 devices. Do you have any plans to increase the number? It is far short of what I was previously using (a very old TP-Link router).

Elliott

Offline Richel

• Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 02:12:36 pm »
Thanks. I have been having some trouble figuring out how to assign the IP address at the device for my 2 radiothermostats.

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 09:24:01 am »
Thanks. I have been having some trouble figuring out how to assign the IP address at the device for my 2 radiothermostats.

I am not familiar about that specific device's setup.  If it even has a UI that you can change the settings. One solution would be to take a couple of your other static devices ,that you can set at the device out of A+ setting, which would give you the needed slots to add the thermostats.

Offline Richel

• Beta Testers
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 10:02:18 am »
Thanks for the suggestion. I did finally figure out how to assign a static IP address for my radiothermostats. This is done via a web UI.
By the way, I have noticed that the list of "Active Leases" does not refresh and is not totally correct for all devices on my LAN. I am not sure what the "reset" button (lower right corner of the UI) does, so I am afraid to click on it. Will this button change the IP addresses of all the devices on the LAN that do not have static IP addresses?

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 25 queries.

bottleneck