Choose style:

Author Topic: need help with peanut  (Read 8401 times)

Offline kaducci

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
need help with peanut
« on: August 11, 2015, 09:32:06 pm »
i followed the instructions but must be doing something wrong.  i cannot get the app to turn the plug off and on.  cant find any detailed instructions anywhere.  the app on my iphone is reading the sensor, but when i hit the little off switch it trys updting and comes back and says "cant update sensor".  folllowing are the steps i am using:
1.) plug sensor into outlet
2.)it flashes green and red
3.) unplug sensor and plug it back in
4.) plug light cord into peanut with light on
5.) go to app and try it and get the sensor update message

i have tried it directly on the router also and nothing hsppens.
please help

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: need help with peanut
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 10:54:33 am »
Have you tried plugging a lamp or something into it and turning it off/on by the button on the side of the peanut ? Sometimes that helps kick it in the a$$ and get the app to update. There is little to no information about the peanut anywhere, including this forum and the WiKi.  At one time you had to reset the router, then re-pair the peanut for it to work.  It seems to be another one of those hit or miss things. Some people pair it up and it works perfectly including giving power use readings, others can at least get it to turn on/off, others just have a nice big wart on the wall that does nothing.
 In my case I used it for the bedside lamp since the outlet was right next to the door , so I could turn on the light without walking around the bed.  Of course that only works until somebody shut the lamp off at the lamp.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 11:14:48 am »
@ kaducci,

Let us know to which device (Almond 2015 or Almond+) you connected the Peanut plug and also are you able to access it through LCD UI?

Offline Sim

YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 09:23:01 pm »
I have been fighting this plug for 10 days only to find out it was a range issue.  It works if I move it closer to the hub (Hubitat).  Not sure if this is normal - it was about 40ft with a wall and stuff between it and the hub. With no wall and a straight shot it works great

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 07:11:40 am »
40ft sounds pretty good. ZigBee is fairly low-range really and the fact that you have a wall and other stuff between it and the hub would cause the range to be even shorter. With open space I think it is often 50 or so feet.

In any case, the Peanut Plugs are very good repeaters. So (if you are not aware) you should be able to put other ZigBee devices (including Peanut Plugs) near the one that does have a connection. The one with the best connection to the controller will forward on data from the others so they all work. ZigBee mesh.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 17 queries.