bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: What is the ONE router feature you would like to see in our Mobile App  (Read 52369 times)

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Hi All,

We would like to know "What is the ONE router feature you would like to see in our Mobile app"...?

Note: Only the router feature not related to HA.

Offline sfalc

• Backer
Re: What is the ONE router feature you would like to see in our Mobile App
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 09:33:58 am »
That is a difficult questions, most things related to the mobile app involves the home automation features.

The only thing that springs to mind is a feature to enable/disable port forwardings, so to enable remote access either to the webUI of the Almond+ or to a server or other network device that is behind the Almond+.
A permanent port forwarding can in many instances be crazy dangerous so that could be nice feature to have.
Almond+ with 2 dimmer switches, 2 binary on/off switches, 1 Qubino Flush dimmer, 1 Aeontec micro dimmer, 1 Fibaro Dimmer 2, 1 Lightify RGBW bulb, 2 Lightify Flex RGBW Led strip, 1 WeMo Bulb, 1 Fibaro magnetic door sensor, Vision PIR & temperature sensor.

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 10:55:01 am »
Not sure if it counts as a router feature, but I want to get a notification if Almond loses internet connection. And when I log in to the app, I want to see the last time Almond connectd to the cloud. When we start using Almond for security this is very important.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 11:44:59 am »
For me, being able to view my already installed IP cam's would be great and add greatly to the security feature... basement door alarm -> heres a photo / video of just before and after the alarm. As far as other stuff, I'd love to be able to view my home's external IP address, I pay for a DDNS but it just went up and my ip changes so rarely I don't think its worth it anymore.

Offline rpr69

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 12:34:55 pm »
On Android, being able to integrate with Tasker would be a huge win, for me. Specifically being able to trigger home/away by some external event (NFC, WiFi connection, nearby cell tower, etc) would be most excellent, as well as being able to hook into notifications, i.e. get an alert that a motion detector has triggered, and automatically loading up an IP camera viewer app.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015, 12:52:04 pm »
Thank you guys for your valuable suggestions, please do keep it coming.

Offline atrueresistance

• Backer
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2015, 12:58:18 pm »
Ability for house to change home/away mode automatically. ie phone is x miles away, turn house into away mode.

Offline tad604

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2015, 02:08:34 pm »
I want to be able to write my own interface (in android or web).   Barring that the ability to create android widgets with simple controls (toggle or slider) that will then control perform user configurable actions. (turn on these lights, or adjust this group of lights).  And user configurable dashboards that display the sensor states you want to see.

Although honestly I just want a rest API (that's secured) that I can talk to that will control/read my sensors/products.

Offline Petermann

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2015, 02:17:55 pm »
I love the Almond routers and I love HA! I would really like to be able to recommend this router to all my fellow techs for home and small business installs and remote management. The fact that it has HA support is the biggest selling point, so all that’s left is getting the router WiFi and network more stable and having a lot more remote management options and features. Some of us manage multiple sites (routers and AP's in different locations) so it would be nice to add support for multiple routers from different sites to the mobile app and it would be nice to have more options for managing the routers WAN/LAN/WiFi/Router settings remotely along with extra security. Here are some things I would add for router remote management via the mobile app:

1. Extra security.
 -Within the mobile app, make it so you have to re-type in the admin username and password of that particular router to access the router functions/management, just like if you logged in via the Web GUI. This would be different than the password for the online account and different for every router on my account. This would also be useful if you manage a few different routers at different site locations.
 -Have some verification either in the online account or on the router itself that verifies what mobile devices (phones) have logged into my mobile app account (kind of like how gmail notifies you if another new device logs into your email account. This would be useful in case someone gets a hold of my "connect.securifi.com" account credentials and downloads the app onto their phone without me knowing and has full access to my routers and sensors. It would be nice if I have a way to check how many/which devices are using my mobile account app login.

2. More remote management options via the mobile app.
It would be nice to have all the management options available via the webgui (and more), also available on the mobile app for managing the router and proper network management. Things like:
--WAN settings
        IP address
        Subnet Mask
        Gateway
        DNS 1, 2, 3 etc
--LAN settings
        IP address
        Subnet Mask
        Gateway
        Local DNS
--DHCP settings
        DHCP Type
        DHCP server (enable, disable)
        Maximum DHCP Users
        Client Lease time
        DNS
        WINS
--Port Forwarding
--Firmware update
--Logs
--DMZ
--Filtering
--Firewall rules
--Switch the router from router DHCP mode to AP.
--Change the router name.
--Reset to factory defaults.
--Time zone settings.
Etc.

3. More WiFi Settings and management
--Change the 2.4Ghz channels.
--Change the 5Ghz channels.
--Change the SSID encryption /security type
--Change the SSID password (have a password masked/unmasked feature for security).
--Wireless SSID broadcast (on/off)
--Wireless Network Mode (Disabled/Mixed/G-only/ N-only/A-only/NG-mixed/BG mixed/etc)
--Network configuration (unbridged/bridged)

4. Scheduling for the WiFi networks both regular and guest networks.
--Schedule options to be able to turn on and off the individual WiFi SSIDs at certain hours in the day and certain days in the week.

5. Scheduled router reboot
--It would be nice to have options for a scheduled reboot of the Almond router (like every Sunday 2am) etc.

6. Keep alive/watchdog
--Keep alive/watchdog options.

Might be more but that’s all I can think of at the moment. You guys are doing a great job! I’m sure you don’t have all the resources you need but it seems like you’re doing a lot compared to the current big players with huge budgets. I love your products and ambitions-concepts and ideas! I REALLY hope you succeed to become a major player in the network/router/HA world!

Offline xaminmo

• Backer
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2015, 05:54:43 pm »
Stay logged in - I should be able to use a pin or touch-id or similar to get into the app once I've logged in once.  My phone already requires authentication, so I should have the option of not re-logging at the app level.

Alternative features:
* Initiate a firmware update.  I know, firmware updates when not at the unit... eek, but still.
* mirror the front panel - maybe anything you can do there could be done on the app though an extra menu.
Geek, pilot, cyclist, parent.

Offline Richel

• Beta Testers
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2015, 08:16:43 am »
4. Scheduling for the WiFi networks both regular and guest networks.
--Schedule options to be able to turn on and off the individual WiFi SSIDs at certain hours in the day and certain days in the week.

5. Scheduled router reboot
--It would be nice to have options for a scheduled reboot of the Almond router (like every Sunday 2am) etc.

Just curious - what is the reason to reboot the router once per week?
Thanks,
Elliott

Offline tysonkam

• Backer
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2015, 09:10:00 am »
List of connected devices and the ability to boot them off.

I have kids. :)

Offline Petermann

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2015, 01:30:44 pm »
Just curious - what is the reason to reboot the router once per week?
Thanks,
Elliott

This option is available in DD-WRT. We've found it quite useful when setting up routers for clients or working on old, problematic or buggy routers. When we schedule an automatic reboot of the router once a week, we get a lot less complaints of network issues. We usually ask the clients when they most likely won't be online and if they don't mind us setting an automatic reboot. The most common time is the late hours of Sunday night or early hours Monday morning. See a screenshot here here (not affiliated with this website) or the image below:

« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 01:33:01 pm by Petermann »

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2015, 04:42:38 pm »
a simple cron job will take care of the weekly reboot issue

Access to IP cameras would be great.

Turning VPN On and Off via the App would be cool.

Kickstarter Backer
Securifi Wiki Editor and Beta Tester, Not a Securifi employee
Almond+, many sensors, IOS App, Android Apps and Widgets

Offline jmschnur

• Chestnut
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2015, 09:06:54 pm »
List of attached devices

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 16 queries.