Choose style:

Author Topic: Hello from Sweden  (Read 3321 times)

Offline eldaria

• Kickstarter Developer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Hello from Sweden
« on: July 27, 2013, 12:23:03 pm »
Hello

I'm a Home automation wannabe.
Been fiddling with various technologies in the area, direct wiring to open and close my bedroom door when I was a kid, Welleman K8000 to read sensors and provide I/O, Nexa wireless, etc..

Use Mac for desktop, Linux for home server and Linux and Windows for work computer(s).
Pledged developer pretty much as a learning experience and to get in early, on a very interesting project.

Looking forward to my developer unit, and two final units when the product is ready.

LGNilsson

Re: Hello from Sweden
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 04:33:50 am »
Hi eldaria,

Welcome to the forums.

I hope you'll be able to both learn and contribute from/to the forums. You won't be needing the SDK to be able to do things with your Almond though, but it'll allow you to developer your own software add-ons for the Almond+.

Cheers

/Lars

Offline Patrick Wilson

• Cashew
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Hello from Sweden
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 05:51:27 am »

I'm a Home automation wannabe.

Hey you're not alone.  I'm really comfortable with Linux,  and embedded systems like NAS devices and Routers,  Home automation is brand new to me too.   I guess we'll learn together.  I hope you'll visit us regularly. 

Use Mac for desktop, Linux for home server and Linux and Windows for work computer(s).

Hey it's great to see that I won't be alone.   My knowledge of OS X® is extremely limited,  but I've been playing with Linux® (typically Ubuntu®),  and embedded Linux® devices since the 1990's.   I won't be much help you with your Mac®,  but hopefully we can both teach and learn when it comes to Linux.     

Welcome to the Securifi Forums!

Patrick.
Patrick Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 17 queries.