bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Basic home security setup  (Read 5614 times)

Offline philburtaj

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Basic home security setup
« on: August 23, 2015, 12:27:49 pm »
Does anyone have some examples of a good basic home security setup using the Almond+ rule capability and z-wave sensors?  Is there any way to have "state" settings other than "home" and "away"?  I'd like to have a "night / home" mode that chirps the siren and turns on some lights any time a door or window is opened, but doesn't set off the sirens continuously.

Thanks,
Phil

Offline philburtaj

• Backer
Re: Basic home security setup
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 09:21:43 am »
...in particular, what do your rules look like?  I've started putting together the rules, but the rule mechanism is pretty rudimentary.  I have to create one "alarm" rule for every single door and motion sensor.  Other limitations:
  • There's no way to specify "OR" or "XOR" in the inputs section.
  • There's no way to specify delays in the "if" section, so there is no way to specify "if the state is "away" and the sensor is triggered, wait 30 seconds and the state is still "away", then sound the alarm".
  • "Home" and "Away" seem to be the only "state" options.  It would be nice if there were other states such as "perimeter armed", etc..
  • There seems to be no way to send triggers / inputs other than through a sensor or the Almond mobile app.
  • There's no way to copy rules.
  • There's no way to export / import rules making it impossible to edit the rules externally.
:-\ Any good workarounds for these?  Is it possible to hack stuff using the Almond+ APIs?  At the very least, if the Almond Android app had support for Tasker or IFTTT, then I could cook up something external to the device, but it would be nice if all the rules could be run on the Almond+ itself.

Thanks!
Phil

Offline lmmmmm

• Chestnut
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 01:41:31 pm »
Phil:  These are all very good things to have. In my mind, these are basics that are needed.

Can any of these be added to this thread ... http://forum.securifi.com/index.php/topic,3581.0.html

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 10:36:09 am »
I have a solution for the siren chirp. I set it up as an alarm if somebody left the door open. However it ended up chirping every time somebody opened/closed the door.
 If door open ,wait 30 second , siren on .
 If siren is on and door is closed, siren off.

The end result is about a 2 second chirp ( that scares the crap out of the dog) 30 seconds after every time the door is opened.

I am sure you could just add time limitations to this rule set and it would work the same way.

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 18 queries.

bottleneck