bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Monoprice smoke detector on sale for $17.50  (Read 6010 times)

Offline engr.jpc

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears

Offline tdogz

• Backer
Re: Monoprice smoke detector on sale for $17.50
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 11:23:24 am »
Corrected Link (link above tries to open an email): http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=10797

If you need 5 smoke detectors, then you will be over the $75 limit to get free shipping. Also, there is a 10% Off code - SUMMER10 - that is good until 8/31/15. That would make the price 15.75 per detector, including shipping, if you order 5. I guess it would also work out that way if you order only 1-4 detectors, plus enough additional items to get the free shipping and use the promo code.

Offline lmmmmm

• Chestnut
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 07:38:40 pm »
so, I can pair the detector just fine. I get a battery status in notifications.

BUT, when I actually tested it with real smoke, the alarm did trigger (although not as fast as my hardwired Kidde) there we no notification from the app.

That is a deal breaker for me on this unit.

Has anyone else tried to set off the alarm and received notifications????  Let me know, else these are going back.

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 01:01:43 am »
When I bought these, it did work for me. Did you set the notification on the app to "Always" ? Also, on the app check view logs to see if the report made it to Almond..

Also, I had purchased only one to test and returned it. Do these smoke alarms talk to one another? I.e. if one goes off do the others go off as well ? My understanding was that they would not, so I had come up with a different alternative.

http://forum.securifi.com/index.php/topic,3565.msg16945.html#msg16945

Offline Ohiomedic

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 10:51:37 am »
I didn't think they will talk to each other without us being able to set a rule via the Almond. Even the First Alert Z-wave I have doesn't have an interconnect option.

Offline lmmmmm

• Chestnut
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 12:24:15 pm »
yes, I have the app notification set to always and I did check the logs. I saw no alerts anywhere when the alarm was activated in a live smoke test.

Offline tdogz

• Backer
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2015, 12:58:16 pm »
yes, I have the app notification set to always and I did check the logs. I saw no alerts anywhere when the alarm was activated in a live smoke test.
I got 4 detectors from Monoprice and one First Alert Smoke & Carbon Monoxide detector. I tested all 5 detectors by pressing the Test button. Each of them trigged an alert on Android (Alerts were set to 'Always').

[...] Do these smoke alarms talk to one another? I.e. if one goes off do the others go off as well ? My understanding was that they would not, so I had come up with a different alternative.
I don't think there are  currently any zwave smoke detectors on the market that allow another device to activate its siren through a rule (or any other means). The only way I'm aware of to do something similar would be to have a smoke detector and a siren at each location (2 devices). Then you could have a rule that when smoke detector #1 is activated, sirens #2 and #3 also activate. Then create a similar rule for detectors #2 & #3.
My house is small enough that I can hear my smoke detectors from anywhere in the house, so it is not an issue for me right now.

Offline lmmmmm

• Chestnut
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2015, 03:31:58 pm »
I can get notifications if the smoke detector is right next to the A+. But, im not able to get them when positioned in their proper place.

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 21 queries.