Choose style:

Author Topic: NYCE Tilt Sensor registers as contact sensor  (Read 9484 times)

Offline robh5791

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
NYCE Tilt Sensor registers as contact sensor
« on: August 28, 2015, 08:10:24 pm »
I just bought a garage door tilt sensor from NYCE and I have paired it several times and it keeps pairing as a contact sensor instead of a tilt sensor, This means that I cannot get an open/close state change because it shows open at all times. Anyone run into this same issue and if so, how did you fix it, if at all? Thanks in advance for any help.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
Re: NYCE Tilt Sensor registers as contact sensor
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 06:47:40 pm »
@ robh5791,

I hope you are connecting this to Almond 2015 which has the latest firmware R088. If yes, then please do send the logs because to my best knowledge we did not add the support on UI's but on the LCD UI, it should work fine.

Offline robh5791

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 07:12:49 pm »
Ashok,
It is running the 88 firmware. I sent the logs a minute ago. Hope they help. It is the only sensor on that router at the moment so I hope it's easy to fix.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 12:56:04 am »
@ robh5791,

Our team is still looking at it and meanwhile, it seems like if we tilt the sensor and wait for 10 seconds the status would change. Please try and let us know the status.

Offline robh5791

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 07:20:47 am »
Ashok,
I had the sensor off the mount yesterday and was laying flat on a table. Last night I placed it back on the mount in the "closed position" and I just checked and there was no change in the status. It still reads open. I am waiting on a return email from NYCE to see if there is possibly an issue with the sensor itself since it keeps coming up as a contact sensor and it isn't one.

Offline robh5791

• Backer
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 01:40:39 pm »
Ok, I was able to get the sensor to read as closed for a moment and then it went into a previous issue I have been dealing with where sensors do not respond to or communicate with the router for some reason. I am waiting on further info on this issue since it is an open trouble ticket so I am hoping to have this resolved soon. I just wanted to give what I think is the root cause being the router itself rather than the sensor since I have had issues with all of the sensors connected to this particular router over the past few months.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2015, 12:04:39 am »
@ robh5791,

I just got a confirmation that the sensor itself sends the request as contact sensor not as garage sensor. Hence, we would not be able to do anything much on this...:(. However, it should allow us to use the Open/Close functionality. Try to access it from the sensor and also from LCD UI and let us know the status.   

Offline robh5791

• Backer
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2015, 06:46:55 am »
Ashok,
I continue to have the same problem as all other sensors on this almond 2015. I cannot get any consistent responses from any of the sensors I have tried on this device. The garage door is opened at least a couple times per day and have yet to receive a notification that it opens or even see the state change from closed to open on the app, webUI or LCDUI. This is consistent with the previous issue that we are still working on with the other sensors that do not respond consistently. That issue is going on 2 months old and this leans to to believe there is something wrong with the zigbee transmitter or the router itself.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2015, 10:59:50 am »
@ robh5791,

The thing with the sensor is, it takes at least 10 seconds to send the response to the Almond 2015. You may try this, try to tilt the sensor to open or close state and wait at least for 10 seconds and then check the status on the LCD UI, once the status is updated on LCD UI all other UI's gets updated.

Offline robh5791

• Backer
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2015, 01:10:57 pm »
Ashok,
I've tried this several times and as a matter of fact, the garage door has been open for several hours at this point and all UIs report it as closed still. This again goes back to the original support ticket for this Almond that you and I have spoken about both on the phone and through the forum.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2015, 06:54:32 pm »
@ robh5791,

For us, it is working fine, you may check the video below to ensure that the tilt sensor is connected properly in the right direction. Meanwhile, if you have any model number on the sensor, let us know.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6cFyWWSXjqEZzItRUU2MElfQk0

Offline robh5791

• Backer
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2015, 07:52:46 pm »
Ashok,
Again, this sensor is acting exactly like the other sensors I try to connect to it. I've tried a binary switch, GE wink bulbs and now the tilt sensor. All have issues communicating with the router. I'm not sure how many times I can forget and re-pair these sensors and get the same result before someone realizes there is a problem with the router or the zigbee transmitter itself. I sent you a PM earlier about that video and since you responded on the forum then I guess I will as well.

I've done troubleshooting on this device as well as the Almond+ I have at my home and I know enough to determine when there is simply a pairing issue and when there is a router issue. Three separate devices do not consistently communicate with this particular router. As a matter of fact, I will make a video of the tilt sensor connected to the Almond 2015 and then send you a PM video of that same sensor connected to my Almond+ at home to show that it is not the sensor itself that is the problem. I'm pretty confident that it will work the same as the video you posted on my Almond+.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2015, 09:08:25 pm »
@ robh5791,

To check if there is any issue with the Zigbee server hanging, when ever you face any issue try to reboot the Almond 2015 and then try to access the sensors, let us know the status.

Offline robh5791

• Backer
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2015, 09:10:29 pm »
Ashok,
Please see your PMs. I had to send my findings there and you'll understand why after you read it.

Offline icemanaccord

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2016, 07:53:35 pm »
I was wondering if this topic went anywhere?  I actually just got a bunch of the NYCE tilt sensor's and I can not get them to pair.  I keep getting "device association failed".  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks! 

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.