bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Essentials DIY Home Security Kit (Home Depot)  (Read 2683 times)

Offline clay.leihy

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Essentials DIY Home Security Kit (Home Depot)
« on: August 30, 2015, 12:20:57 pm »
I just wanted to report that I took a chance on this product and it seems to work just fine. This is a $50 Z-Wave/Wink kit that is made up of one motion sensor and two magnet door/window switches. The brand name is "gocontrol" and it appears to be made by Linear. The magnetic switches update very quickly. The motion sensor has an undocumented pet-setting jumper and a documented 3-minute reset time which is apparently changeable in software, if your controller can do this. I haven't seen any mention of the Almond+ having this ability. I have done very little with the home automation aspects of the Almond and figured that this (along with a couple of GE bulbs that came cheap with a Home Depot Wink kit) would be a good place to start. HD sells another kit for $99 that includes another door/window switch and an indoor siren.

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Essentials DIY Home Security Kit (Home Depot)
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 01:29:51 pm »
Thanks for this. Do you know if the door sensor has the terminals for external switch ?

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Essentials DIY Home Security Kit (Home Depot)
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 11:10:44 am »
These kits have been discussed over in the HA "where to get sensors" section. No there are not any external terminals on the D/W switch.

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 18 queries.