Choose style:

Author Topic: DUE for an update!  (Read 58626 times)

Offline userbob0001

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: DUE for an update!
« Reply #90 on: November 17, 2015, 06:51:56 am »
@ mr23,

I am waiting for the update from our team, I would check with them and get back to you with the latest update on this.

We released one more Beta firmware and it's been 2 days, so far the feedback has been good.

With three weeks since the last news of a beta release can we start looking forward to a public release?

Offline Mojoscream

• Acorn
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #91 on: November 17, 2015, 03:26:10 pm »
It's very frustrating that this product is as buggy as it is. I had the first gen Almond(s) (two of them, one as router and one as AP) and loved them. Now the two Almond+'s (:() I have barely ever work as promised. I even recommended Almonds to a bunch of people who were looking for new routers. Sadly any trust or good will people had towards me or my opinion is pretty much shot at this point in time, as people who went out and bought this version have been upset and venting to me about them.

It would be great if there was a series of small bug fix firmware updates, bunny I'd be fine with a fairly regular notching from R80 to R81, R82... But sadly this doesn't look like the case. It's been MONTHS since the last update and this product isn't getting any more stable. And honestly, I'm getting kind of sick of the lie that the new firmware is coming "in the next few days" (plus a couple days more). Frankly I feel bad for Ashok, as he has to put himself out in front of us and then look like a fool when the promised dates slip past.

I'm giving this product and company until the end of the year to make this product work, after that point in time I'm going to write them off as a failed experiment and another reason to stay away from crowd funded projects.

Offline Mrboston911

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #92 on: November 17, 2015, 10:06:56 pm »
Insanity is repeating the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Move on, I did.

Offline mr23

• Backer
« Reply #93 on: November 18, 2015, 12:55:11 am »
How is the Almond2015 features/stability compared to the A+? I took a peak at https://forum.securifi.com/index.php/board,37.0.html but it seems A15 has many issues as well.

Offline Paholainen

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #94 on: November 18, 2015, 09:02:46 am »
It's very frustrating that this product is as buggy as it is. I had the first gen Almond(s) (two of them, one as router and one as AP) and loved them. Now the two Almond+'s (:() I have barely ever work as promised. I even recommended Almonds to a bunch of people who were looking for new routers. Sadly any trust or good will people had towards me or my opinion is pretty much shot at this point in time, as people who went out and bought this version have been upset and venting to me about them.

It would be great if there was a series of small bug fix firmware updates, bunny I'd be fine with a fairly regular notching from R80 to R81, R82... But sadly this doesn't look like the case. It's been MONTHS since the last update and this product isn't getting any more stable. And honestly, I'm getting kind of sick of the lie that the new firmware is coming "in the next few days" (plus a couple days more). Frankly I feel bad for Ashok, as he has to put himself out in front of us and then look like a fool when the promised dates slip past.

I'm giving this product and company until the end of the year to make this product work, after that point in time I'm going to write them off as a failed experiment and another reason to stay away from crowd funded projects.

I am also waiting until end of year

Offline czyzczyz

• Backer
« Reply #95 on: December 07, 2015, 02:08:03 pm »
This is really sad. Great hardware, great promises. Software on the verge of offering some level of independence from Securifi's automation interface.

Updates have become so slow it makes me wonder if there's even a development team.

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
« Reply #96 on: December 07, 2015, 03:32:03 pm »
This is really sad. Great hardware, great promises. Software on the verge of offering some level of independence from Securifi's automation interface.

Updates have become so slow it makes me wonder if there's even a development team.

Sure there is !! They even have a Facebook page. Well, the employees do and they mention the development team. Though to be honest, it is feeling like it might be more of a one man band at the moment.

In any event, progress is substandard and not satisfactory.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 07:40:23 pm by SecureComp »
Kickstarter Backer
Securifi Wiki Editor and Beta Tester, Not a Securifi employee
Almond+, many sensors, IOS App, Android Apps and Widgets

Offline obmd1

• Backer
« Reply #97 on: December 07, 2015, 03:45:22 pm »
Name a successful software or hardware producer that waits 6 months after the release of a half baked beta firmware version to release an update. Then name one that did it successfully without a public roadmap to get there,

I'll wait.

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
« Reply #98 on: December 07, 2015, 07:54:31 pm »
Well, beginning with your description of "half baked"...essential router functionality was available and firmware updates did not take 6 months initially. So I'm not taking your point there. If you are referring to the time following release 80, yes it has been too long but again, essential router functionality is there and the home automation certainly works with the Securifi products as well as some others. The Rules are Beta, not release version.

As for public roadmaps, you have got to be kidding me, most companies don't release "public roadmaps" for software or hardware. They barely have internal roadmaps and yes, that includes successful companies. DEC, Compaq, HP, NEC, IBM, they've all done it with various hardware devices and retail software and so have many many others.

I realize you are axe grinding, and I don't blame Kickstarter backers for being angry, not a bit. What I don't understand is the hostility to those that differ from you in experience or opinion and the constant derailing of threads without providing value to the OP's, this thread not withstanding.

But I can only speak to my experience and that of a half dozen implementations I have supported and they are all functional.
Kickstarter Backer
Securifi Wiki Editor and Beta Tester, Not a Securifi employee
Almond+, many sensors, IOS App, Android Apps and Widgets

Offline mr23

• Backer
« Reply #99 on: December 08, 2015, 01:11:58 am »
@ mr23,

As off now, we have not released any other new Beta firmware and once it is released, would let you know.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but it's been another 4 weeks.
Is there an ETA for a release?

Thanks.

Offline Neel737

• Backer
« Reply #100 on: December 08, 2015, 11:21:43 am »
I hate to sound like a broken record, but it's been another 4 weeks.
Is there an ETA for a release?

Thanks.

Indeed, silence is deafening.
Ashok, please say something - at least the backers/customers deserve minimum level of transparency from your employer. 

Offline obmd1

• Backer
« Reply #101 on: December 08, 2015, 01:01:20 pm »

I realize you are axe grinding, and I don't blame Kickstarter backers for being angry, not a bit. What I don't understand is the hostility to those that differ from you in experience or opinion and the constant derailing of threads without providing value to the OP's, this thread not withstanding.

I'm sorry to seem hostile, particularly to other owners. It's not my intention. Somewhere it has become acceptable that this level of function be sold. More people than can be counted cannot get reliable wifi connections, myself included. Random reboots, and lack of z-wave stability are other issues. And beta rules engine at this point is really unacceptable, particularly when your peers in the industry have this functionality out of the box.

It's fine... I come here to find out if the promised update will ever allow me to hook the thing back up again as an access point, or at least put it on ebay. Live and learn.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #102 on: December 08, 2015, 01:17:37 pm »
@ All,

To the best of my knowledge, there won't be any Beta release this week and in fact, we are completely focusing on releasing the public firmware. Hence, I am just eagerly waiting for our team to give me permission, so that I can release it.

Offline mr23

• Backer
« Reply #103 on: December 08, 2015, 07:07:44 pm »
@ All,

To the best of my knowledge, there won't be any Beta release this week and in fact, we are completely focusing on releasing the public firmware. Hence, I am just eagerly waiting for our team to give me permission, so that I can release it.

Does the release event include the websocket api publication, or will we have to wait further for that?

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #104 on: December 09, 2015, 07:51:43 am »
@ mr23,

Does the release event include the websocket api publication, or will we have to wait further for that?

Most probably, we may have to wait for some more time. However, would update the status at the time of firmware release.

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 17 queries.