bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: DUE for an update!  (Read 58625 times)

Offline smitch019

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
DUE for an update!
« on: August 31, 2015, 05:27:09 pm »
I'm sure much of the community would like to get some kind of update as to when the next stable release will be or at least where things are as of now.  I'm sure no one thought that even though this is a new venture that updates would be this delayed.

Thanks!

Offline xtbs26

• Chestnut
Re: DUE for an update!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 07:25:29 pm »
Amen!

Offline YTN

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 10:59:32 pm »
I concur.... you guys should seriously consider a more regular firmware release cycle that doesn't involve having to sign an NDA. I am willing to deal with a little instability as long as the firmware keeps moving forward.

Right now there seems to be too many issues, and the extremely slow firmware release cycles just leads to frustration.

Offline Jaap

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 12:55:36 pm »
Yup, seriously looking at other routers at the moment.
Most frustrating is the lack of a roadmap or even a global indication of possible firmware releases.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 10:53:19 am by Jaap »

Offline xtbs26

• Chestnut
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 05:37:24 am »
Moving this back to the top until we get some kind of response.

Offline atrueresistance

• Backer
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 09:01:08 am »
I noticed the Almond + 2015 is on version 88, while us backers are stuck at 80. What gives @Securifi?

Offline jrwhitehead

• Backer
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2015, 04:40:45 am »
Looking forward to the update once the beta release finally goes live. I hope it delivers.
------------
KICKSTARTER BACKER!!

Offline xtbs26

• Chestnut
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2015, 07:16:40 am »
Gonna keep on bumping this up there until someone from Securifi provides some information. We certainly deserve to know what is going on (or not going on).

Offline obmd1

• Backer
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2015, 12:54:57 pm »
The lack of customer support, much less backer communication is abSURD. I'm gonna get on line for a Smart Things V2 hub.

Offline mr23

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2015, 03:42:31 pm »
Did anyone else who used to have beta access also lose it when they started this recent push of signing NDA's?

I concur.... you guys should seriously consider a more regular firmware release cycle that doesn't involve having to sign an NDA. I am willing to deal with a little instability as long as the firmware keeps moving forward.

Right now there seems to be too many issues, and the extremely slow firmware release cycles just leads to frustration.

Offline xtbs26

• Chestnut
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2015, 07:34:46 pm »
And...back up to the top. It has become a test of wills now I guess. Not sure why they want to anger customers.

Offline xtbs26

• Chestnut
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2015, 03:58:12 pm »
Still waiting...

Offline Dudeness30

• Backer
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2015, 01:44:57 am »
My almond+ will be worn out by the time the firmware has caught up with the hardware. I should have let it sit in the box unused for 2 years first. I try not to check on here too much or I'll drive myself crazy. Oh well.
Almond+, 2 flood sensors, 1 motion sensor, 1 Z-wave water valve, 2 Aeon Labs DSC06106-ZWUS - Z-Wave Smart Energy Switch, 1 Enerwave ZWN-RSM1S Z-Wave Relay, 1 GE Z-Wave Outdoor Module, 1 Enerwave ZWN-RSM2 Z-Wave Smart Dual Relay,

Offline xtbs26

• Chestnut
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2015, 08:36:48 am »
Dudeness, exactly, and then the hardware will be obsolete soon after. It really is puzzling why no one from Securifi does us the courtesy of a response to these questions and concerns. More than puzzling, it is troubling.

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2015, 10:37:15 am »
 The lack of any real progress, or even information on any progress coming. With the exception of " big changes coming" , is why I've decided that the A+ touchscreen UI is not worth it. When it comes to HA integration, Securifi has not only missed the boat, but it appears that they did not even get tickets for the cruise.

With no integration with anything other than ( limited ) Hue, I am pretty much looking at a $200 clock.  A device that was promoted as the one and best, only do everything interface. Turned out to be a fairly decent router with very limited HA ability. No user customization of anything, No IFTT, NO Logitech Harmony, No Amazon Echo, the list goes on of all the things that don't work with A+. Heck I can't even get an acknowledgement as to why loopback doesn't work on over 1/2 my devices,so I can't see what is on 1/2 cameras if I am in the house. I can't control Tivo or Honeywell HVAC with phone/tablet unless I shut off WiFi and connect remotely.

I have no issues with Beta testers being required to sign NDA. That is SOP. No company wants things ( good or bad) leaked out that might not end up being in the final release.

I am forced to think about that Win98 133Mhz HP Desktop I bought almost 20 years ago. Proclaimed as the  biggest and best , fully expandable. "The last computer you will ever need to buy. "

The fact that this forum is DEAD, with the exception of a few holdouts ( myself included) tell me where A+ is headed.  Look at how many of the posts are related to using A+ as a secondary AP or extender. It seems almost nobody is using A+ as their primary .

Over a year since limited pre-release and over 9 months since public release and we are still waiting for basic functionality. Why have USB ports for NAS if we don't have functional DLNA server ? How can we have an internet clock and weather, but not have the ability to set sunset/sunrise rules ? This time of year I am having to reset the timers on my lights at least once a week to keep up with the changes in sun.

I just ordered my Harmony Ultimate Home and ST V2. Almond and A+ will be relegated ( almond already is) as just accessories. Not happy with myself for having spent $300 on a couple of clocks, that don't even have alarms.  At least they still have some use .unlike the Wink Hub and Wink Links that are sitting on a box in the basement.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 01:59:52 pm by rldreams »

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 18 queries.

bottleneck