bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: DUE for an update!  (Read 58627 times)

Offline xtbs26

• Chestnut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: DUE for an update!
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2015, 11:28:36 am »
Well said, ridreams. Still in a holding pattern waiting for someone at Securifi to speak.

Offline fuadar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2015, 08:56:12 pm »
Just ordered the Onhub , its due to arrive thursday.
anyone want my almond+ with  whole bunch sensors let me know and i'll be glad to get rid of the almond+ and all the sensors i never used for a good price

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2015, 06:24:40 am »
The upcoming update is a big one. Most of the beta testers are very pleased with it. The invitation for beta testers is still open as long as you don't work for our competitors. We expect to send out updates once in 3 months give or take.

Offline tknx

• Backer
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2015, 02:13:54 pm »
Just ordered the Onhub , its due to arrive thursday.
anyone want my almond+ with  whole bunch sensors let me know and i'll be glad to get rid of the almond+ and all the sensors i never used for a good price

I think I am done with consumer grade stuff period. Going to move to the enterprise lite stuff and go to Ubiquiti. They have flaked on their customers previously, but definitely have been more communicative about it and seem to be pushing hard right now.

I want to like the Almond+, but I can't even get the DMZ to work properly (my PS4 still shows NAT type 2)... I'll just shelve it for now and hope that they get it together later.

Offline smitch019

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2015, 05:16:58 pm »
Appreciate the information @Ashok!  However, any time frame on when that update will be?

Offline Andy

• Backer
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2015, 06:07:24 pm »
@Ashok - Did you say product updates once every 3 months?  That would be good as a maintenance schedule for a complete, full-featured and stable product.   Almond+ is still missing tons of features and feels kind of beta.   Delivering missing features every 3 months doesn't sound right at all.   So, would beta tester group be the only mechanism to receive product updates more frequently?

Andy

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2015, 08:59:47 pm »
@ Andy,

I could understand what you are trying to say, however, as mentioned earlier the next update is going to have good number of new features. Yes, for now users can get the Beta firmware only through Beta group. However, If you are comfortable in using the Beta firmware then you can get them by signing the NDA and filling the basic details.

Just an update, we already released two Beta firmwares and more are yet to be released..

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2015, 09:04:36 pm »
@ smitch019,

We just released second Beta firmware today and hopefully, we would be releasing one more soon and depending upon the bug fixes, it would be released to everyone.

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2015, 02:31:55 pm »
" Big update coming" " Lots of new features " . These are the exact type of non-announcements that I was referring to. No roadmap or hint at what direction Securifi has decided to go , other than to keep its customers completely in the dark.

As others have said quarterly updates would be fine if things were working and just pushing minor stability or security updates. However giving the current state we should be getting weekly or at least biweekly updates.  No, lets pile up all the problems then push out one BIG fix. This way we won't actually know which one of the patches is causing the problem when something doesn't work.  Then again we don't know if this " big update" is even addressing all of the problems we are having or if it is a new UI, new app, just adding more compatible devices. 

With all of the past issues with firmware updates and how many of us had to roll back a release or two to get things (relatively) stable. I really have to question the rationale that led to the decision to hold back any fixes for 3 months then push out one big update. Not give your customers even a hint of what solutions they might expect to see in the promised "big update"

Offline fuadar

• Backer
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2015, 11:44:26 am »
Exactly
I can tell you this
i bought and installed the Onhub and my oh my my Issues went away.
my dead spots are better (and my Almond+ and Onhub were exactly in the same place)
My speeds are very consistent and  while i've only had this thing for 3 days. no reboot. Almond+ Starts having issues weekly. So i've yet to hit the mark but kudos to Google . this thing is good.

Offline SysErr

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2015, 03:06:16 pm »
I too just bought a Google On-Hub.  However, it replaced my router on the third floor of my house.  I had better signal strength on the main floor of my house from the On-Hub then I did from the Almond+ which was sitting in the middle of the first floor (it was a bridge to the router on the third floor).  That's just wrong...

... and I haven't dropped the signal on my wife and son using the on-Hub, both using iPhone 6's... I had to reboot daily for the Almond+ to keep a signal on their iPhones.

I really want the Almond+ to work... but it's just unreliable right now.  Even the home automation stuff, every now and then it would just stop reporting that my doors were opening and closing via Android notifications.

Looking forward to the "big update"... but sadly, I held my breath as long as I could, and then bought the on-Hub to replace it.  Guess it'll be just for my tinkering now...

:(

-Blayne Watt
Lead Software Engineer
General Electric, Inc.

Offline Gramps

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2015, 07:44:37 pm »
So I got one of these a year ago as a Beta Backer whatever.  There was a note saying the features I wanted were not complete and an update would be available.  I just plugged it back in and checked for updates and there are none?  The website says it is a range extender or wireless bridge.  Mine does none of that >:(

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2015, 09:27:24 pm »
@ Gramps,

You might have got an old firmware on the Almond+, which may not allow us to update software directly through LCD UI. Hence, you may have to update the firmware to R080 through Web UI and there onwards, software update would work directly from the LCD UI. Once the software is updated, you could setup the Almond+ in Range Extender mode with out any concerns.

Offline obmd1

• Backer
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2015, 07:43:44 pm »
Three months tomorrow. I want someone to admit this product wasn't ready when marketed. Wow.

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2015, 03:11:01 pm »
Three months tomorrow. I want someone to admit this product wasn't ready when marketed. Wow.

No worries " Big things are coming, you will love it "

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 18 queries.