bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: DUE for an update!  (Read 58627 times)

Offline Mrboston911

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: DUE for an update!
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2015, 10:45:49 pm »
Just Purchased the New Samsung SmarterThings hub from Amazon. Should be shipping soon. Has integration with, Bluetooth, Wifi, Zwave & Zigbee and the Amazon Echo right out of the box. So long Almond Plus, No Roadmap, No Progress, No more waiting.

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2015, 08:50:14 am »
Just Purchased the New Samsung SmarterThings hub from Amazon. Should be shipping soon. Has integration with, Bluetooth, Wifi, Zwave & Zigbee and the Amazon Echo right out of the box. So long Almond Plus, No Roadmap, No Progress, No more waiting.
You forgot IFTT and Harmony . So soon you too can unlock your front door and have the TV already on the evening news before you get into the den. TheST drivers for the Schlage 469 locks actually work too, so you will finally get the push notifications of who unlocked the door and  add or remove codes.

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2015, 09:04:57 am »
I think the SmartThings is just so far ahead that i just don't see Securifi catching up to them at all. That being said, for my needs the Almond+ does work well and I am pretty happy with it.

I do think Securifi is extremely responsive and helpful and are working hard, but in terms of what can be supported, SmartThings is just so far ahead. IFTTT, TCP, WeMo, Echo, Harmony. (Seriously, look at this http://www.smartthings.com/compatible-products).

If you have Almond and you are looking for a basic HA, I think this will serve your needs well. However, you are likely to outgrow this pretty soon.

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2015, 09:33:50 am »
If you have Almond and you are looking for a basic HA, I think this will serve your needs well. However, you are likely to outgrow this pretty soon.

I will agree that Securifi CS ( Lars and now Ashok ) are responsive and do the best they can. I still remember posting a problem here in the forum months ago and since Ashok had me phone # off my my email signature from a earlier issue he called me to talk me through trying to fix it. Now that is top customer service. I can not think of any other CS anywhere that actually keeps customers information and will call them to fix a problem posted in a public forum.

It is just that the backend techs are not keeping up with the curve when it comes to getting the A+ to actually work.  What was ( is) an awesome piece of hardware just does not have the software needed to actually work .  If you just want a simple all-in-one timer to turn your lights on every night at 6pm than A+ will work for you. If you want a complete HA hub ,than I am afraid Securifi has decided to go in another direction.

Since R080 even the wifi is mediocre at best. 6 months ago I could stream video unbuffered from 2 houses away.  Yes I did that real world test. I had a 5G signal to the street where it switched to 2.4 and I did not drop to 1 line of signal and start buffering until 2 houses away. Then I walked my property line and never dropped below 3 of 5 even at the furthest corner of the fence.
 Now I can't even stream music to my hottub ( 25' through a floor and 1 window from the A+ )  without buffering. Forget about trying to post or view a picture from the back yard unless you switch the phone to 4G or walk up to the window 5' from the router to get a strong enough wifi signal.

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2015, 06:28:13 pm »
I will agree that Securifi CS ( Lars and now Ashok ) are responsive and do the best they can. I still remember posting a problem here in the forum months ago and since Ashok had me phone # off my my email signature from a earlier issue he called me to talk me through trying to fix it. Now that is top customer service. I can not think of any other CS anywhere that actually keeps customers information and will call them to fix a problem posted in a public forum.
I agree. I hope Ashok and team understands that the occasional frustration is with the product direction and not indicative of them personally. I believe Ashok and team are doing a great job in continuing to engage and try to resolve what they can.

Forget about trying to post or view a picture from the back yard unless you switch the phone to 4G or walk up to the window 5' from the router to get a strong enough wifi signal.

This is news to me. I have had no problems with the router at all. There is one very remote corner of the house where connectivity is weak for 5G, but 2.4g works perfectly fine. I had a problem with this once when I tried to use it in an apartment community. There was a lot of overlap on the channel which caused the wifi performance to degrade. Maybe someone else moved nearby and that is causing interference ? You can use inSSIDer to check and see if there are any available bands and try to use them.

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2015, 09:01:21 am »
You must've gotten a good one.
  Using WiFi Analyzer on Samsung Galaxy , I can watch 5ghz channel drop off by 10db at 10 feet from router , by the time I'm 30' from the router I'm at -90 with no other networks in sight . This is open LOS within my house.  If I walk 25 feet from the router to the back door, step into the sunroom and close the glass door behind me I am at -90db. Only one other signal in the spectrum and it is not overlapping.

My neighbors ( stupidly) have an open guest network . Yesterday I was trying to figure out why I couldn't login to my LAN IP camera  from Kindle.  Checked and it was connected to their guest network . So their Charter Cable modem has a better wifi signal in my bedroom from 100' down the street, than my A+ does from my diningroom.

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2015, 12:37:47 pm »
What you describe in the way of db drop off is in no way even close to my experience with the A+.

My setup covers generally greater distances that you describe, through more obstacles and I am still streaming video without buffering as an example.

If you were interested in working the Signal issue on the A+, I'd be interested in seeing a much more detailed survey of a Line of Sight test because there is just no way 30ft is going to drop you to -90dbm with most any Tx running at 20dbm from the source.

Maybe reset your country/region to Bolivia for a few minutes and see how much of a change there is. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK and remember to switch back to your normal country/region immediately after testing.
Kickstarter Backer
Securifi Wiki Editor and Beta Tester, Not a Securifi employee
Almond+, many sensors, IOS App, Android Apps and Widgets

Offline obmd1

• Backer
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2015, 01:26:22 pm »
You must've gotten a good one.
  Using WiFi Analyzer on Samsung Galaxy , I can watch 5ghz channel drop off by 10db at 10 feet from router , by the time I'm 30' from the router I'm at -90 with no other networks in sight . This is open LOS within my house.  If I walk 25 feet from the router to the back door, step into the sunroom and close the glass door behind me I am at -90db. Only one other signal in the spectrum and it is not overlapping.

My neighbors ( stupidly) have an open guest network . Yesterday I was trying to figure out why I couldn't login to my LAN IP camera  from Kindle.  Checked and it was connected to their guest network . So their Charter Cable modem has a better wifi signal in my bedroom from 100' down the street, than my A+ does from my diningroom.

What is a good signal strength tester for iOS? I recently put in a second modem in the house due to poor range on the A+, and the range on the second modem appears to be twice that of the Almond!!

Offline obmd1

• Backer
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2015, 11:35:18 pm »
Three months one week and counting.

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2015, 05:57:57 pm »
What is a good signal strength tester for iOS? I recently put in a second modem in the house due to poor range on the A+, and the range on the second modem appears to be twice that of the Almond!!

WiPry if you want to get serious about WiFi analysis but given that it's costs a couple hundred dollars U.S., it is beyond the interest of most folks.

Should also mention that almost all IOS Apps that call themselves WiFi Scanners or Analyzers, are not. They do little more than PING the network and scan for IP's.

You are better off getting an old Android device, even several years old, and loading some WiFi scanner on that.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 07:14:56 pm by SecureComp »
Kickstarter Backer
Securifi Wiki Editor and Beta Tester, Not a Securifi employee
Almond+, many sensors, IOS App, Android Apps and Widgets

Offline smitch019

« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2015, 04:46:49 pm »
@Ashok

Do your truly think it is fair to all of us who have backed this project since the beginning to only receive updates ONCE every 3 months???  I see many here already choosing other alternatives and some are even beta testers!  That doesn't exactly make me feel very confident with the progress or even in the product.  I don't think it is asking too much to receive at least a monthly update.  For example, letting us know if the 3rd beta firmware was sent out yet and its status, etc.  At least that way we know there is progress instead of having no idea of where things are at.  I have been very patient as many others have here, however, I am also close to looking into other HA options.

Looking forward to hearing an update soon.

Offline mr23

• Backer
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2015, 11:24:00 pm »
Ashok, can you also comment on the lack of new apps for the LCD UI? Are any developers (backers?) doing any, either? This thread has been way to quiet for a thriving community. http://forum.securifi.com/index.php/board,11.0.html

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2015, 09:42:18 am »
@ smitch019,

I would agree to the point of posting an update regarding the Beta release, we released two Beta firmwares so far which has support for Scenes, Nest, improvements with Rules engine and support for sensors on other UI's etc..,. Hopefully, we would release one more Beta this week and depending upon the feedback, it would be released to every one.

I would ensure to update the status of every Beta release on this post.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2015, 09:43:20 am »
@ mr23,

Ashok, can you also comment on the lack of new apps for the LCD UI? Are any developers (backers?) doing any, either? This thread has been way to quiet for a thriving community. http://forum.securifi.com/index.php/board,11.0.html

Allow me some time to get back to you after discussing this with our team.

Offline xtbs26

• Chestnut
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2015, 02:52:16 pm »
Sorry, but I am tired of hearing about Beta this and Beta that. All that means is that those few of us left that did not sign up as beta testers have zip. I'm ordering the ST hub and moving on. What a disappointment.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 16 queries.

bottleneck