Choose style:

Author Topic: Connection randomly stops working for a few minutes  (Read 35201 times)

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Connection randomly stops working for a few minutes
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2016, 11:04:23 am »
I had not noticed that unplugging and replugging the WAN connection on the A+ was making a difference.

If you are experiencing regular "drop outs", goto your Web Interface, click on Advanced, Click on OpenWRT, Select the Menu Option for Status/Realtime Graphs/Traffic and finally the WLan10 tab.

Let it run for a while, and check your Traffic level in Mbit/Sec peaks.
The graph will not update automatically, you will have to click refresh about every minute to see the updated graph.

Curious as to what folks are seeing traffic level wise before a "drop out" occurs.

Also, if simply disconnecting and reconnecting WAN hardwire fixes the problem, that helps to isolate the issue. Much time has been spent chasing WiFi potential issues.
Kickstarter Backer
Securifi Wiki Editor and Beta Tester, Not a Securifi employee
Almond+, many sensors, IOS App, Android Apps and Widgets

Offline mr23

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2016, 11:10:50 pm »
If you are experiencing regular "drop outs", goto your Web Interface, click on Advanced, Click on OpenWRT, Select the Menu Option for Status/Realtime Graphs/Traffic and finally the WLan10 tab.

The graph will not update automatically, you will have to click refresh about every minute to see the updated graph.

Just tried this, on both wlan10 and br-lan. After a couple-5 minutes my internet wasn't responding, I checked, and Almond+ had rebooted.

Makes me wonder if it was rebooting some of the other times it has stopped working/responding for a bit...

Update, 24hours later, it just rebooted spontaneously again after being sluggish via WiFi.

Update, +2 days later; it just rebooted a half hour ago again spontaneously. So I checked the scheduled tasks, and the 3am daily reboot is still there. I check the time on the almond, and it says it is 3:30am (it's 10:30pm right now). So that explains the 'random' evening reboots, but not why the time is off. Checking the Notification Log, April 6th was the last time it rebooted at 3am, but then it shows rebooting at 10pm daily. Guess I'll have to manually set the clock to correct time...

Offline ihaveworms

• Backer
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2016, 11:50:29 am »
I had not noticed that unplugging and replugging the WAN connection on the A+ was making a difference.

Curious as to what folks are seeing traffic level wise before a "drop out" occurs.

Also, if simply disconnecting and reconnecting WAN hardwire fixes the problem, that helps to isolate the issue. Much time has been spent chasing WiFi potential issues.
All my computers and equipment connected via hardwired Ethernet has no problems. It is only things on wifi.

Offline mr23

• Backer
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2016, 11:47:12 pm »
Copied from my update in my last post below:

Update, [just now]; it just rebooted a half hour ago again spontaneously. So I checked the scheduled tasks, and the 3am daily reboot is still there. I check the time on the almond, and it says it is 3:30am (it's 10:30pm right now). So that explains the 'random' evening reboots, but not why the time is off. Checking the Notification Log, April 6th was the last time it rebooted at 3am, but then it shows rebooting at 10pm daily. Guess I'll have to manually set the clock to correct time...

Somehow almond+ lost the correct time on April 6th.

Checking the ntp setup, they're set to 4 different .tw domain servers.
Remoting in (ssh), it shows time as ~3:30.
Checked via browser/OpenWRT/system/system, timezone was set to UTC. Aha. Set it now to my timezone, ntp synced up, and all is well again.
Refreshed browser, and it says UTC again in the control. Not sure what to do next (read: https://forum.securifi.com/index.php?topic=3036.0)

Wonder how that happened?

Is there a battery for clock backup, and it is now too low voltage to keep time if power goes out or is unplugged?  I'll have to try that one of these days.

Offline Halaster

• Backer
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2016, 04:30:34 pm »
Also having this issue for a few months. All devices connected to the 2.4Ghz wireless lose internet connectivity a few times a week. The router has to be rebooted to fix the problem.

The actual wireless network remains up but there is no internet.

The problem does not occur on the 5Ghz band or on wired from what I can tell. My laptop which is connected to 5Ghz continues to work fine while everyone else in the house loses internet. Laptops, PCs, Gaming consoles, and cell phones.

This is getting very frustrating at this point. I figured there would be a firmware update/fix for this by now.

Just comment again that this is still happening. I can confirm that Wired also has problems, requiring the entire router to be rebooted.

This is an absolute nightmare and beyond annoying to have to stop whatever everyone is doing in the house and wait for the router to be rebooted almost every single day.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2016, 11:48:43 am »
@ Halaster,

Just comment again that this is still happening. I can confirm that Wired also has problems, requiring the entire router to be rebooted.

This is an absolute nightmare and beyond annoying to have to stop whatever everyone is doing in the house and wait for the router to be rebooted almost every single day.

It could be related to the Screentimeout, could you please try to set the Screen Timeout to "999999" and let us know the status.

Offline tt4me

• Backer
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2016, 09:19:11 am »
Copied from my update in my last post below:

Update, [just now]; it just rebooted a half hour ago again spontaneously. So I checked the scheduled tasks, and the 3am daily reboot is still there. I check the time on the almond, and it says it is 3:30am (it's 10:30pm right now). So that explains the 'random' evening reboots, but not why the time is off. Checking the Notification Log, April 6th was the last time it rebooted at 3am, but then it shows rebooting at 10pm daily. Guess I'll have to manually set the clock to correct time...

Checked via browser/OpenWRT/system/system, timezone was set to UTC. Aha. Set it now to my timezone, ntp synced up, and all is well again.
Refreshed browser, and it says UTC again in the control. Not sure what to do next (read: https://forum.securifi.com/index.php?topic=3036.0)

Is there a battery for clock backup, and it is now too low voltage to keep time if power goes out or is unplugged?  I'll have to try that one of these days.

I've run into this twice within the past month. The first time, almost a month ago, it was just a timezone issue, but this morning (local time 6:10am) it was showing July 2, 2015, 21:47. So not even close.  Checked the settings and the timezone was correct, but the date/time weren't even close.

Offline lucasrangit

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2016, 06:28:20 pm »

I had issues with my clock going out of sync as well. This obviously broke the rules but strangely also broke sensor notification logs. When I realized the NTP servers were in Taiwan, I changed them to the local 0.us.pool.ntp.org, 1.us.pool.ntp.org, etc... Things have been working since then.

Offline Ozamut

• Backer
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2016, 12:22:11 pm »
Hello

I was having the same problem related here, both my wireless and wired connection stoping at random times.

I've just updated my Almond+ to R085, and still got the same problem.

The problem started a couple of months back...

Now I put back my old router after my cable modem, and the Almond+ after the old router, to see if the problem persists...

Any idea on how to fix this problem?

Rgds

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2016, 11:08:57 am »
@ mr23, tt4me,

For now, in order to ensure that the Time won't change, please login to the Open WRT-->System-->System and select the correct location and save the settings or under the Rules tab once we click on create rule on the right you have the option to update the time.

Offline zyren

• Backer
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2016, 05:40:48 pm »
I have been having this issue even since i moved to my new house about 2 months ago. hard wired works fine. wireless constantly is hanging up or getting disconnected for specific devices. my surface pro 4 is unusable at my home. Hers something that i can hope will help diagnose the problem:

2x nexus 5: no problem
iphone : constant connection problems
surface pro 4: constant connection problems
desktop with USB 300mbps wireless n stick: constant connection problems
desktop with wireless ac 450mbps PCIE card: no problem
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 05:54:20 pm by zyren »

Offline mr23

• Backer
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2016, 02:57:01 pm »
@ mr23, tt4me,

For now, in order to ensure that the Time won't change, please login to the Open WRT-->System-->System and select the correct location and save the settings or under the Rules tab once we click on create rule on the right you have the option to update the time.

I checked system/system, tz is correct as is the time. Back 'then' I had also changed the first two ntp sync hosts to 0.pool.ntp.org, 1.pool.ntp.org and left the last two on .tw.

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2016, 05:17:04 pm »
For the folks having this problem, question:

Is your Almond+ connected to a Cable Modem directly ?
or
Is your Almond+ connected to your ISP provided router (or combo modem/router) and acting as a Router or Access Point?
(with the ISP unit also acting as a router)

thanks
Kickstarter Backer
Securifi Wiki Editor and Beta Tester, Not a Securifi employee
Almond+, many sensors, IOS App, Android Apps and Widgets

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2016, 02:02:53 pm »
I have a ATT Uverse Motorola NVG510 Router+Modem. I turned off wireless on that and the only N/W device connected to that is my Almond+.

All my network devices hardwired or wireless use A+ as the router (and DHCP server).

I still have this problem occasionally where the wireless drops out.. It's been ok for the past few days but if there are more than 5 people in the house, it restarts at least once a day.. I added a init.d script at startup to see how the restarts go..

Offline bltpyro

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2016, 11:27:09 am »
Is your Almond+ connected to a Cable Modem directly ?
or
Is your Almond+ connected to your ISP provided router (or combo modem/router) and acting as a Router or Access Point?
I have had it have problems both ways. Currently I'm using it as an access point, and constantly have problems. I basically switch my phone to 4g all the time now because of how annoying it is.
This really should be the number one focus for the next release. Not features. I have pretty much given up on HA with the Almond. I at least want a solid internet connection.

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 17 queries.