Choose style:

Author Topic: Connection randomly stops working for a few minutes  (Read 35186 times)

Offline Seward12533

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Connection randomly stops working for a few minutes
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2016, 10:41:53 am »
Also having disconnects and more frequently now I'm hitting the network harder.  Sometimes I just loose one band and the WAN (internet) connection and can reset using 5G and the web interface.  Other times lose both.  It is also affecting Hardware lan connections.

When I say hitting the network harder I had two kids come home from college who are streaming more frequently.  I also started using my attached HDD (via USB) as a media server and enabled DLNA and SAMBA server.  I was having lots of issues with DLNA  so Samba is now my current configuration and I'm using the A PC to CAST via Chromecast devices (2 chromecasts) on the network.

I'm on AP2-R083-L009-W016-ZB005 have a few ZIGBEE devices connected.

Offline ihaveworms

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2016, 10:37:37 am »
I have 5 hard wired devices connected to the router (with a switch) along with a few wireless devices. No zwave or zigbee devices. The wireless disconnects on my phone are getting pretty annoying. The hard wired devices work fine.

Offline chlimouj

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2016, 04:20:05 pm »
I have one wired device and 8 wireless devices.

When the connection drops, the wired device is fine.  Just wireless goes out for a couple minutes, then comes back.

When it happens I can still access the router via the app through the cloud connection, so it's clearly still online.  It shows all the wireless devices offline.

Offline TangoBravo

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2016, 02:20:42 pm »
Just to chime in here... I get wireless drops as well on my laptops and cell phones in the house.  Though in virtually every case, disconnecting / reconnecting immediately fixes it.  Hardwired devices (5+) never have any connectivity issues.   Not sure if it is the same problem as all others are reporting, but sounds like it could be.

Offline teutonic

• Backer
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2016, 01:08:22 pm »

I had been noticing my phone constantly reconnecting to the 5ghz. I thought it was just the location in the house.  Unfortunately I have now had Hardline issues over the last 2 days where every ten minutes the connection will drop for about a minute.  this is long enough for applications to disconnect and it is becoming annoying.  In the last few days the only thing that has changed is that I started using playon server and had let it set the upnp settings. 
I am behind a 2wire gateway modem which I had also DMZ'ed the Almond+ at the same time so that I could use Playon outside the house(still can't get it to work outside the house). 
Is it possible that when Playon tried setting the Upnp settings it could have changed something that would now be causing the hard line to keep dropping? 

Update.  I took the router out of DMZ status and rebooted the Almond plus my machine and did a hard power reset to the uverse box outside.  As of right now everything is running smoothly again. I turned off UPNP also.

Teutonic
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 10:28:51 pm by teutonic »

Offline tt4me

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2016, 10:52:01 am »
OK, I haven't read through the whole thread, but wanted to stop by to say that my A+ runs pretty solid UNLESS I turn on a guest network. When I turn on a guest network, then I get serious intermittent connectivity in each of my connected devices.  Turn it back off, and everything is solid again.

Don't know if this will help in any way, but thought that I'd drop it in here.

Offline RevdMark

• Backer
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2016, 06:01:25 pm »
This fault seems to affect me. My 2.4ghz network drops out randomly, and doesn't come back until I reboot the router. The 5ghz network doesn't seem to go down, so I only notice when I use a device which can't access it that way. The hard wired devices don't seem to have any trouble. I've submitted my logs a couple of days ago. I have to say that this problem wasn't there before I updated to R83.

Offline b0xCH

• Backer
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2016, 10:31:02 am »
I'm also affected by this since I upgraded to the Firmware R83.. It never happend before the update.
My Wifi disconnects AND also the WAN interface goes down. Could you please update me on this if there is a fix? I already tried to reset the WAN interface which was not helping at all.

I need to have a reliable network connection, this is actually really bad at the moment.

Offline Shazster

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2016, 11:21:23 pm »
My Almond+ has begun exhibiting this behavior (wireless connection 2.4ghz drops, wired seems fine, 5ghz no clue). Started within the last week or so with increasing frequency, and now not fixable without a reboot. Had to do so twice this evening.
Anyone have any ideas? What logs should I be looking at?

Offline KrytonOmega

• Backer
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2016, 09:02:46 pm »
Getting the same here on my end. Multiple wireless drops happening per hour. Seems to happen more frequently when there is more load on the network, ie. Netflix, gaming & general browsing.

Very frustrating, as nothing that has been mentioned here has solved the issue. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Offline Dave Chapman

« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2016, 05:29:26 am »
I thought I would come and join this party  :(
I have been using my almond+ for about a year with no problem at all with it sat behind a bt cable modem. I have just changed broadband provider and have to use their router (They currently refuse to release details for connecting to the service it's all hidden and inaccessible). Unfortunately their router is cr*p and has real issues with devices connected by ethernet so I can't stream from my media server to the smart tv. So I plugged my almond+ back in and used it as an access point, and ran everything through it including wifi, there's 5-6 things attached by cable (through various switches) and several wireless devices. Everything worked beautifully for a while and fixed the issues with the other router but then it started losing the internet, wireless was still active but there was no network connection and all the wired devices lost connection as well. If you unplug the ethernet cable from router to almond and then plug it back in everything is fine for anything from a couple of minutes to a couple of hours.
The almond is running the latest firmware, I even re-flashed it in case it hadn't worked properly when auto updating. I have also factory reset it and all was good for a few hours but then overnight it crashed out again and went back to being very unstable. I had really hoped that I was suffering the dropped internet that the R083 firmware was meant to fix but apparently not.
So does anyone have any ideas what I can try next to get my home network back up and running smoothly?

Offline Shazster

« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2016, 12:05:07 am »
@DCHAPMAN
I have been experiencing dropout issues for a few weeks now with varying severity (Some days dropout after dropout, other days - only one disconnect for an evening). The system and kernel logs, like every other consumer router on the market, are of little use to the average user - try googling a specific string and finding an applicable answer to decipher what that entry means and you will share my frustration. Routers for sale on the consumer market need to include a plain English dictionary for understanding log output. In the meantime I have sent snippets of my log record in to Ashok who assures me the issue is being worked on. I will give him and the Securifi tech people a bit more time before I begin hollering a bit louder.
        In desperation, I "reset" my network (re-ran the wizard, got new network name, PWs, SSIDs, etc, and began re-adding each of my devices to the network, taking a pause at each connection to look at the router logs for a few minutes to see if anything didn't play well with my A+. I got the majority of my devices up and running without dropouts for a while...but then they returned. And I left a bunch of devices disconnected and turned off my 5ghz network (not used much, and trying to limit every variable I can with my limited networking knowledge.
         You could try this approach. Maybe you will have more success than I. In the meantime we await Securifi's response.

Offline ihaveworms

• Backer
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2016, 04:19:13 pm »
Still having this issue many months later...

Offline Halaster

• Backer
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2016, 06:38:17 pm »
Also having this issue for a few months. All devices connected to the 2.4Ghz wireless lose internet connectivity a few times a week. The router has to be rebooted to fix the problem.

The actual wireless network remains up but there is no internet.

The problem does not occur on the 5Ghz band or on wired from what I can tell. My laptop which is connected to 5Ghz continues to work fine while everyone else in the house loses internet. Laptops, PCs, Gaming consoles, and cell phones.

This is getting very frustrating at this point. I figured there would be a firmware update/fix for this by now.

Offline ihaveworms

• Backer
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2016, 10:22:03 am »
I have 5 hard wired devices connected to the router (with a switch) along with a few wireless devices. No zwave or zigbee devices. The wireless disconnects on my phone are getting pretty annoying. The hard wired devices work fine.
Recently I got a printer and now the printer experiences the same thing as my note 5. I had to connect it through hard wired ethernet for it to work consistently. I am about to ditch this router.

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 18 queries.