Choose style:

Author Topic: Kwikset 910 with z wave will cannot connect with Almond+  (Read 4162 times)

Offline Znutar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Kwikset 910 with z wave will cannot connect with Almond+
« on: September 11, 2015, 08:19:40 pm »
Tried searching the forums and cannot find out why my brand new Kwikset 910 with Z Wave is not recognized by the Almond+. I followed the rather simplistic instructions of adding a new sensor on the Almond+ and hit the "A" button as instructed in the 910 instructions to start the inclusion process and nothing happens. System does not recognize the door lock and yes I am right next to the router when I do this. Reset the lock to factory settings twice and it was never recognized by the Almond+. This is the only sensor I have every tried to attach and nothing happens...anyone have a clue?

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Kwikset 910 with z wave will cannot connect with Almond+
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 01:34:20 am »
I've done several Kwikset locks but not the 910.

I start the inclusion process on the lock (i.e. press the button) prior to adding the sensor to the Almond+.

Reboot your Almond+ if you haven't done so already.
Reset Lock to Factory
Start inclusion process on lock (press button)
Add sensor to Almond+

Kickstarter Backer
Securifi Wiki Editor and Beta Tester, Not a Securifi employee
Almond+, many sensors, IOS App, Android Apps and Widgets

Offline lgkahn

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Kwikset 910 with z wave will cannot connect with Almond+
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 02:52:34 am »
I have 3 working fine. They are rather finicky and sometimes loose pairing after hooking up new wired sensors such as light switches or garage door opener. I think that is because these are acting as repeaters and the lock starts talking through these confusing the aħ. Either a reboot it re-enrollment fixes this. In fact they have become more reliable as I added these other devices. Make sure they are not already enrolled , try removing first. Other than that were did u get them as there are a bunch for sale on ebay without the zwave module?

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 17 queries.

bottleneck