bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Can I use Almond 2015 as my primary connection, or only an extender?  (Read 5291 times)

Offline puerini

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Please help me out.  I'm not tech saavy and I bought the Almond 2015 as a primary modem.  Problem is there is no place to plug in a connection from my phone, which the DSL comes from, into the Almond.  Can I use this device or must I return it?

Thanks for any advice and please save any advice that is not designed for beginners or which makes fun of how stupid I am.  I already get that.

Mike in Salem

Offline xtbs26

• Chestnut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Can I use Almond 2015 as my primary connection, or only an extender?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 07:22:22 am »
Mike,
It's been a while since I had DSL but I believe you need a DSL modem that the phone line goes into, and then you connect the Almond to that with your Ethernet cable.

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Can I use Almond 2015 as my primary connection, or only an extender?
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 10:38:40 am »
Hi Mike,

The Almond is not a modem, it is a WiFi router. You would need a separate modem. Some Internet providers like Time Warner have recommended modem that you can purchase. You can get DSL Modems alone or get a Modem with a wireless router.

If you get a modem that does not have wireless capabilities, you can use the Almond and connect it to the modem.

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 20 queries.