bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Wired connection slow  (Read 2909 times)

Offline GeorgeRR

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Wired connection slow
« on: September 24, 2015, 11:24:44 pm »
Hi,

Trying to figure out what the problem is with my connection speed. Currently, I'm on a 75 Mbps package, but when I check my wired and wireless connection I am stuck right below 30 Mbps. I understand wireless I should be getting less than wired...but I shouldn't be too far under 75 if I'm connected wired. I have tested this several times and I get the same exact results. I checked the cables (cat5e) and they are not the issue. I checked the network adapter settings on the PC (not the issue, I have it set to 100Mbps). I called my ISP and they are telling me that the speed that they are seeing being transmitted to me is around 75 (don't think it's them). I used different devices (laptop and PC) and I get same results. Wireless I used laptop and phone and I get below 30 Mbps also...don't know what else to do so that I get better than 30 Mbps if I am paying for 75.

Thanks in advance!

-George

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Wired connection slow
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 05:31:45 pm »
@ GeorgeRR,

Wireless speeds depend upon the environment, distance and channel interference. However, wired connection we shouldn't be facing any issue and should get almost equal speeds. Please get in touch with our support team at (support@securifi.com) who can assist you with both wired and wireless.

Offline GeorgeRR

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Wired connection slow
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 08:57:06 pm »
So I'm tracking the speed of wireless will be less because of external factors. My issue is not wireless, but wired. I will go ahead and e-mail support and hopefully they can help me solve this issue. Thank you for the help!

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck