Choose style:

Author Topic: Any harm refreshing Almond+ by periodically turning power off and on?  (Read 5175 times)

Offline Richel

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
I and others have found that periodically rebooting a router helps keep it running well. Almond+ currently has no mechanism to program such reboots. I have HomeSeer home automation and my Almond+ is plugged into a Z-wave on/off switch.. Would there be any harm to the Almond+ if, for example, once per week it is automatically turned off and turned on again after 30 seconds?
Thanks,
Elliott

Offline Petermann

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Any harm refreshing Almond+ by periodically turning power off and on?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 03:26:58 pm »
This is easy to do and something I set for any router that lets me do it. In Almond + (and if you have the firmware version that supports rules) you go and create a rule to reboot the router at a certain time. I set mine to reboot every week late Sunday night/early Monday morning.

Offline Richel

• Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 09:52:34 pm »
Thanks for the suggestion. I have "Rules (beta)" and the only events that I see available to do is one that involves my peanut plug and "Home" or "Away." I guess I do not have the right firmware, yet. Mine is RP2-R080-L009-W016-ZW016-ZB005.

Elliott

Offline Petermann

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 02:08:41 pm »
Richel,

I'm part of the beta tester group so I upload the latest FW when it comes out and I'm not sure which FW the option was introduced. If you're interested I would recommend you sign up as a beta tester as well and you'll have access to the newest FW. Also, are you accessing the rules via the Web GUI? The way I set up my reboot rule was through the web GUI and not on the phone or through the LCD UI.

Offline Richel

• Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 05:29:05 pm »
Thank you for the suggestion to sign up as a beta tester. I was using the web UI to set up the rule.

Elliott

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 21 queries.

bottleneck