bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Limits for Rules?  (Read 5576 times)

Offline DocP

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Limits for Rules?
« on: November 23, 2015, 01:07:12 pm »
Hi Ashok and Securifi Team,
It appears that there is a limit on the number of Rules; or Home Automation related Memory Capacity for the Almond2015.
I can add up to 20 Rules before the last attempt is "Deleted". I can delete other rules; and add a new one but the capacity seems to be limited to 20-21.
Is there a way to allow "IF -OR-" Rules or conditions; as that would eliminate the need to have a Rule for every If- "Non-Add- ative" Condition.
Having Home and Away settings for Motion detected in more than 4 areas; and single door switch Rules, for example, cannot be accomplished in Rules- Beta.
Can you confirm?  Any updates or UI interface -adjusted capacity increase for Rules -Beta planned or upcoming?
Regards,
Docp

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Limits for Rules?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 06:23:40 pm »
@ DocP,

We are changing the Rules interface completely on Almond 2015 and making it similar to our Almond+. With our next release, you shouldn't be facing much issues, however, limit of rules to only 20 to 21 is something new and let me recheck that with our team. Meanwhile, let me know, if you are interested to try the Beta Firmware of Almond 2015. Thank you!

Offline DocP

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 05:35:23 pm »
Yes,
 sign me up for the beta testing;  I will look forward to testing on the Almond 2015 system.

I also found that some of the Rules in current Beta1  do not seem to "stay; or pairing is lost when sensor drops power..and affects the rule even though it shows active. 
I noticed that if the Rule change/edit cannot be saved; it is sometimes gets deleted completely. 
Maybe a memory purge or re-boot is necessary?

...."Such happens with bleeding edge of tech.."

;>) Thanks Ashok!

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 05:51:40 pm »
Thank you for helping us with the Beta Firmware, hopefully, our Beta version should help in resolving the issue what you are facing.

Please do check your email registered on the forum and let me know, if you have not received the NDA and form. Thank you!

Offline DocP

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 11:24:27 pm »
Thanks Ashok,
I did get the form and info; will start  soon!
 :)
Regards,
DocP
FYI -Current A2015 Beta-
On the Subject Limits for Rules; it appears to be a limit not on quantity of Rules.
As even less than 20 may also be the limit;
even after re-boot it appears to be total size of all Rules or total conditional/outcomes ,
as consolidation of similar conditions, to fewer Rules, does not allow more Rules.
Eventually the last "new Rule" will be deleted or just not saved; rule is blacked-out; and does not clear to Rule list.
Hopefully; the newer A+Beta Rules program incorporate more efficient  or and/or conditions; and this will work with available Rule memory.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 06:01:15 pm »
@ Docp,

I added you in to our Beta Group and any feedback you got, please do post it under Beta group.

Offline mjs

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2015, 07:37:42 pm »
Hi Ashok,

I, too, would like to be a beta tester for the Almond 2015 software release, etc. I went to the original post and it is not allowing me to reply to sign up. I have two Almond 2015s hooked up to several devices including bulbs, two thermostats, Peanuts, etc., and would also like to add more rules, use "or" and also would like to add suggestions to features such as having one thermostat's reading trigger another thermostat's behavior, have < or > rules, and share my experience with many devices I have tested as well as report any bugs and issues I am experiencing with certain rule/app behaviors. I have owned my Almond 2015s for about six months now and have quite a bit of experience with them and a variety of devices. My email address is on file under my account. I will sign the NDA. Thank you in advance!

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2015, 08:57:59 pm »
@ mjs,

Thank you for helping us. Please check your email registered on the forum for NDA and form. Thank you!

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 21 queries.

bottleneck