bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Almonds name changed from 2wire###_Almond to Xfinity_Almond. Is this a hack?  (Read 3299 times)

Offline Kgking1

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
I've been using my Almond range extender for a year now and it's been good at extending my wireless access to my backyard.  But a couple weeks ago, I noticed that the Extenders WIFI name was changed from  2Wire###_Almond to Xfinity_Almond.  How did this happen without me changing the name on the device?  Was my device hacked?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 10:28:41 am by Kgking1 »

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Xfinity hacked my Almond?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 10:34:17 am »
@ Kgking1,

There is no possibility of device getting hacked, what could have happened was Almond was disconnected from your 2Wire network and the setup was run with Xfinity free wifi network. Hence, the network name is changed to Xfinity_Almond. Ensure that the software on the Almond is R201 and connect it back to 2Wire router, if you are still facing any issues, let us know.

Offline Kgking1

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Ashok,

Thank you for the reply but I'm the only person here and I never reset the device to connect to Xfinity free wireless access.  We have lost power to the house so could the device upon restart, automatically connect to Xfinity's wireless by itself?

Thanks!

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
@ Kgking1,

As far as I know, software is never designed to connect to the network automatically. Meanwhile, is the software version R201 on your device?

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.