bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: App for Kindle Fire  (Read 5637 times)

Offline jlarkin0

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
App for Kindle Fire
« on: March 31, 2015, 01:28:18 pm »
I side loaded the Android app to a Kindle Fire HD and it doesn't receive any of the notifications (the bell has a line through it).  Plus, when I pull it up it seems to cause the Almond+ to go off line once and awhile.  The only way to get it back online is to reboot the router.  I can control the sensors and it will update their status.  Not sure of the version number. I will have to check.  My question is:  Will there be a Kindle version of the app available in the future?

Offline devi

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: App for Kindle Fire
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 08:51:05 pm »
Clicking on the notifications back button should never cause it to go offline.  App can never make Almond to go offline. Almond going offline/online is 90% to do with cloud.

We will look into delivering push notifications to amazon devices. Meanwhile installing Google services might work, because all we need for push notifications is a registration id which google services will give if installed on the device.  I dont think we will be doing kindle app in the near future.

The good news is soon we will be giving sensor notification logs.  Even if the notifications are not coming, all the logs can be viewed any time from the app. I cannot promise any date now, but it will be within a month.

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 04:19:13 pm »
I did not want to hear that you have no intention of getting the app in Amazon/Kindle platform. As a home with 6 Kindles and 3 Fire phones, I beg of you to reconsider getting into Amazon app.  I tried sideloading Google services onto my HDX last year, and it caused more problems than it was worth.

How else will you integrate  the Echo API into it, so I can just say " Alexa set the livingroom lights at 50% and lock the front door" and have it magically happen ? One of the main factors in getting the Echo, was the hope that somebody would link "her" voice recognition/command to a HA platform.

Offline mr23

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 11:10:10 am »
I 'upgraded' my Kindle Fire (gen1/otter) to CyanogenMod v11. Instructions are on the web.
Securifi's Almond+ app runs on it as well as on my other devices.

I wrote an app/widget to control just the lights in my house, and have it up on Play @ https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.the12lab.almond.app. My family uses it exclusively to control our lights,  it doesn't use the cloud, and allows control of lights in groups by location. I use it on my Kindle.

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 03:55:51 pm »
I have the app sideloaded from 1mobile on all our devices. The only issue is that the newly released push notifications don't work.  I would think an "official " Kindle release would fix that problem.

Offline Conanichi

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 12:46:05 am »
I am curious to find out information is not very helpfull.

Offline mr23

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2015, 03:36:27 pm »
I released an update to the App mentioned earlier. Details at:
http://forum.securifi.com/index.php/topic,2527.0.html

Offline multisystemelectronics

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2015, 07:21:43 am »
There are not as many apps for the Kindle Fire HDX as there are for Android tablets but these are some good ones.

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 21 queries.