bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Port Forwarding and/or DDNS Issues  (Read 3554 times)

Offline jnowland7

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Port Forwarding and/or DDNS Issues
« on: March 04, 2016, 10:12:30 am »
I recently attempted to replace my ASUS router with my A+ as my primary router.  I have security cameras connected, which I had set up using port forwarding on my ASUS.  I set up my A+ with same configuration as my ASUS however, I was never able to access the cameras remotely.  I was not sure if it was a DDNS issue, or a port forwarding one.  I have several cameras hooked up via a DVR, a couple connected to my router via Ethernet, and a few straight WiFi IP.  The only ones I could access were the 2 wireless IP cameras.  Does anyone have any information that could persuade me to reconnect my A+.  Right now I simply use it as an extender and to control my Peanut Plug.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Port Forwarding and/or DDNS Issues
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 11:06:07 am »
@ jnowland7,

Try to provide the static IP to the camera's and then perform port forwarding properly on the Almond+ that should fix it. We don't have any known issues with the port forwarding not working.

Offline tt4me

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 09:45:35 am »
I recently attempted to replace my ASUS router with my A+ as my primary router.  I have security cameras connected, which I had set up using port forwarding on my ASUS.  I set up my A+ with same configuration as my ASUS however, I was never able to access the cameras remotely.  I was not sure if it was a DDNS issue, or a port forwarding one.  I have several cameras hooked up via a DVR, a couple connected to my router via Ethernet, and a few straight WiFi IP.  The only ones I could access were the 2 wireless IP cameras.  Does anyone have any information that could persuade me to reconnect my A+.  Right now I simply use it as an extender and to control my Peanut Plug.

Unfortunately, I don't have any assistance for you, but I've been using DDNS (noip.com) and IP Fort Forwarding for a couple of Foscam IP Cameras for some time without issue.

I'd start with one of the parts of the problem (DDNS or Port Forwarding) and start testing then move onto the next.

With DDNS, realize that it will take some time for the DNS update to propagate to the various servers. If you've given it some time, then verify that a ping of your host name matches your public IP.

Once that is good, then move onto the port forwarding. Make sure that you are using the proper protocol, external and internal ports, and internal IP's of each camera.

Oh, and I think there are issues with using port 80 on the Almond+ as that's reserved for Luci.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 09:58:52 am »
Try what tt4me is recommending first.

I will say I personally have both wired (to a switch then the router) and wireless (to the router) devices that are on port forwarding AND at least one of each accessible through DDNS. I have not had any issues with those throughout, and one wired device is queried every 15min, 24/7 (over the DDNS when I am at work).
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 19 queries.