Choose style:

Author Topic: R83 Feedback / Issues  (Read 39019 times)

Offline Fire69

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: R83 Feedback / Issues
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2015, 01:46:21 pm »
With the new R83 firmware, does Securifi has a amended list of compatible Z-wave sensors for reference? It seems the Fibaro Z-Wave Multi Sensor FIB_FGMS-001, Vision Security Z-Wave Flood Sensor VIS_ZF5201 and several other sensors are still not supported. Appreciate your early reply

Fibaro Motion Sensor is working just fine here.

Offline LaVia

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2015, 01:47:01 pm »
@ LaVia,

This would be taken care through our next release.

I know you've only just released R83... but when do you think the next release might happen

Thanks

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2015, 05:29:32 pm »
I know you've only just released R83... but when do you think the next release might happen

Thanks

Hey, let's finish the public soak of this firmware release and then get the API !! No doubt a few issues will pop up and a maintenance release will be needed but it's only been a couple of days.   ::)  ;D

If you are a member of the Beta group, next release may not be too far away.  8)
Kickstarter Backer
Securifi Wiki Editor and Beta Tester, Not a Securifi employee
Almond+, many sensors, IOS App, Android Apps and Widgets

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2015, 12:10:18 pm »
I just want to say how much I am loving the Scenes capability, the Presence Sensors and the improvements to the Apps !! 

Really enjoying taking my HA setups to the next level.

And for sure, building a list of 'wants' and 'wishes' for future releases but for now, enjoying the hard work everyone at Securifi and in the Beta group has put in, many thanks!

Kickstarter Backer

Offline Richel

• Beta Testers
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2015, 02:30:10 pm »
I am having some issues regarding "Sensors" that are active or inactive as perceived by my Almond+. I have one device that is listed as being offline for 2 days, yet I can address it directly using its local IP address. This is no big deal.

More puzzling, though, and again not a big deal, is that the MAC addresses for many of of my items do not correspond to what I have for the items based on their IP addresses. So, for example, I have IPCAMS that I can address directly and whose MAC addresses, which I find on the camera set up page,  is different from what is listed for that item on the Almond+ list. I also have several items that are listed as active, yet I cannot find their MAC addresses listed by the Almond+  in my Excel spreadsheet list of MAC addresses. I also have items that are absolutely online (Edimax access points) that are not seen by the Almond+, even though each has been assigned their unique IP address.

My Almond+ is otherwise functioning quite well with this firmware update. It has been quite stable.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen this issue.

Elliott

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2015, 03:47:35 pm »
I am having some issues regarding "Sensors" that are active or inactive as perceived by my Almond+. I have one device that is listed as being offline for 2 days, yet I can address it directly using its local IP address. This is no big deal.

What kind of device?

My GE Link bulbs, if plugged into a 3 way switch, give me trouble. So do the GE Link bulbs plugged into an outside lamp that is triggered by Dusk/Dawn or Motion events.  For the outside stuff I figure it's the lamp giving me trouble and plan on replace the fixtures.

The 3 way switch thing I am going to test by swapping the specific bulb out to another lamp.

More puzzling, though, and again not a big deal, is that the MAC addresses for many of of my items do not correspond to what I have for the items based on their IP addresses. So, for example, I have IPCAMS that I can address directly and whose MAC addresses, which I find on the camera set up page,  is different from what is listed for that item on the Almond+ list. I also have several items that are listed as active, yet I cannot find their MAC addresses listed by the Almond+  in my Excel spreadsheet list of MAC addresses. I also have items that are absolutely online (Edimax access points) that are not seen by the Almond+, even though each has been assigned their unique IP address.

My Almond+ is otherwise functioning quite well with this firmware update. It has been quite stable.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen this issue.

Elliott

Incorrect MAC address info? yowza, first I've heard of that. Are the devices behind another router/switch or something?  Often devices that support Internet Access, like a web cam, have configurable MAC info, sort of.   All me devices are reporting correctly but I'll take a closer look at my camera web internal/external interfaces.
Kickstarter Backer

Offline razzfazz

• Chestnut
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2015, 04:55:28 pm »
I also have items that are absolutely online (Edimax access points) that are not seen by the Almond+, even though each has been assigned their unique IP address.

Have you assigned static IP addresses to any of these by any chance? I think the presence detect stuff only works for devices that pull a DHCP lease from the Almond (hence no support in AP mode).

Offline mr23

• Backer
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2015, 05:05:19 pm »
Have you assigned static IP addresses to any of these by any chance? I think the presence detect stuff only works for devices that pull a DHCP lease from the Almond (hence no support in AP mode).

I have a static on an xbox that shows as a presence/notifiable device.

Offline mr23

• Backer
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2015, 05:08:36 pm »

Have you tried 'fing' or equivalent, to see what IP/MAC's you get for each device?

Offline Richel

• Beta Testers
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2015, 09:59:43 pm »

Yes and this could be the answer.
Thanks,
Elliott

Offline Richel

• Beta Testers
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2015, 10:31:57 pm »
What kind of device?

The specific device that is "inactive" is a Global Cahce WF2SL device. It is going through an access point (Edimax). However, there are other devices going through this access point that are recognized as active (e.g., an android tablet).

Incorrect MAC address info? yowza, first I've heard of that. Are the devices behind another router/switch or something?  Often devices that support Internet Access, like a web cam, have configurable MAC info, sort of.   All me devices are reporting correctly but I'll take a closer look at my camera web internal/external interfaces.

It could be that the access point (e.g., Edimax) is assigning a MAC address to the device.

Thanks for your input.
Elliott

Offline Richel

• Beta Testers
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2015, 11:04:55 pm »
Have you tried 'fing' or equivalent, to see what IP/MAC's you get for each device?

Thanks for the suggestion. I will get the "fing" app and take a look. While I was doing some research about MAC addresses, I found this useful website: http://aruljohn.com/mac.pl.
It will look up the manufacturer associated with the MAC address. This has helped me identify some of the devices that were unknown to me.

Elliott

Offline Richel

• Beta Testers
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2015, 11:17:11 pm »
Okay, so with the use of http://aruljohn.com/mac.pl to look up the manufacturer associated with a particular MAC address, I have established that the devices connected via Edimax access point have a MAC address pointing to Edimax as "manufacturer." So, that solves the riddle of the devices not having their given MAC addresses by their original manufacturers. The Edimax access point is assigning a new MAC address to the device and this MAC address is not the MAC address of the specific Edimax access point device. It is unique to the connected device (e.g., IPCam).

Elliott

Offline Richel

• Beta Testers
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2015, 06:48:51 am »

Thanks for putting me on to "fing." It's a cool app and very helpful.

Elliott

Offline razzfazz

• Chestnut
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2015, 02:14:57 pm »
I have a static on an xbox that shows as a presence/notifiable device.

I meant static as in locally configured on the device; i.e., not a static DHCP lease. Guessing your XBox is the latter?

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 18 queries.

bottleneck