Choose style:

Author Topic: R83 Feedback / Issues  (Read 39009 times)

Offline rpr69

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: R83 Feedback / Issues
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2016, 01:09:55 pm »
I too have a use case for 'joins' versus 'joined' or 'present', if it helps.

Offline Fire69

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2016, 01:24:11 pm »
It's simple, there should be two options.
For example:
- at 6pm, when device is already joined
- between 6pm and 7pm, when device joins

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2016, 02:35:03 pm »
Excellent examples. That functionality would assist with the Amazon Dash button's also.

I would say you have a 3rd also, based on the current "supposed" method:
between 6pm and 7pm, when the device is joined
Ex: Between 6pm and 7pm if device is joined turn task light on
That way my task light is on, no matter what, if my device is around. As it will be turned back on if turned off just because the command keeps telling it to be on (yes, I know you could just check if it turns off but where is the fun in that example).

That is compared to:
Ex: Between 6pm and 7pm if device joins turn task light on
Which would turn the task light on but only if the device joins during that tineframe
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline kenny113

• Backer
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2016, 01:48:08 pm »
Why is there no scene functionality from the LCD UI? One should be able to set scenes from the LCD UI, otherwise there isn't much of a point to this being a touchscreen device.

Also, there should be a lock screen with tiles. I like the idea of the weather and time apps, but you should be able to add a few of these widgets together as tiles to create a lock screen. I would like to see the weather and the time and have the ability to set specific scenes all on one screen while the LCD UI is locked. I don't need to unlock the screen to look at the weather or turn the lights on/off. Right now, since there is no scene widget, if I have the LCD locked on the weather app, I have to unlock it, go to sensors, and turn each light on individually. Again, this isn't useful. This is actually slower than turning the lights on manually.

Offline lmmmmm

• Chestnut
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2016, 03:35:12 pm »
I would like to see another option besides Home and Away.

I would like a setting for Alarm whether I am Home or Away. That way I can have sensors signal an alarm if Alarm is set. Not dependent on Home or Away.

Offline Fire69

• Backer
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2016, 04:18:22 pm »

I would like a setting for Alarm whether I am Home or Away. That way I can have sensors signal an alarm if Alarm is set. Not dependent on Home or Away.

+1!

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2016, 04:48:51 pm »

Isn't that what Perimeter Alarm is ??

The Perimeter (alarm sensors) are activated while you are still in Home mode and will trigger a siren if you choose.
Kickstarter Backer
Securifi Wiki Editor and Beta Tester, Not a Securifi employee
Almond+, many sensors, IOS App, Android Apps and Widgets

Offline Fire69

• Backer
« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2016, 03:47:43 am »
How can we set/use that?

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2016, 10:35:27 am »
How can we set/use that?

I've done a couple things with Rules that are something like IF HOME AND DOOR OPENS THEN SIREN ON or IF HOME BETWEEN 11PM-5AM AND MOTION DETECTED THEN ALARM.  I call those "perimeter" Rules.

Additionally, the Keyfob, activating the "lock" function will cause the door/window sensors and motion detectors to trigger an alarm in Home or Away mode. I call that the "perimeter" mode as well. Would have to dig out the key fob documentation to confirm what Securifi calls that, thought it was Perimeter mode.
Kickstarter Backer

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2016, 10:38:13 am »
And now that you mention it, it would be nice to be able to specifically check a Box for a Rule that assigns it a "Perimeter Rule" designation that is managed by the "Lock" "Unlock" or "Perimeter" Alarm function.

Specifically I would like to be able to IGNORE SOME SENSORS when ACTIVATING the ALARM SYSTEM but have all the other sensors trigger an Alarm.  I do this currently by creating very specific Rule Sets but it would be easier to just check a box.
Kickstarter Backer

Offline Fire69

• Backer
« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2016, 03:37:02 pm »
Ah, you're not really setting a different mode, you're just setting a specific state on the keyfob to use that in some rules.
That's indeed a possibility, but as you say, it would be easier if this was a build-in function...

Offline lmmmmm

• Chestnut
« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2016, 05:52:11 pm »
I don't have a key fob for my sensors so that doesn't work for everyone.

But, for alarming I don't necessarily want an alarm on when Im home and between certain hours. and I dont want it always when Im away but i do want other types of notifications.

Too many rules to get alarms set up right and right now we cant turn off rules via the app.

I would prefer an alarm mode,  that way it is set without any preconditions based on time/home/away etc.

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2016, 10:23:33 pm »
Ah, you're not really setting a different mode, you're just setting a specific state on the keyfob to use that in some rules.
That's indeed a possibility, but as you say, it would be easier if this was a build-in function...

No, that's not quite right, I don't think.

The key fob has an "lock" and "unlock" symbol. Meaning, arm or disarm. It works in both Home and Away modes.

In addition to that, I have created some rulesets to leverage the key fob to turn off the Siren or activate the Siren manually.

Kickstarter Backer

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2016, 10:30:15 pm »
I don't have a key fob for my sensors so that doesn't work for everyone.

Nope it doesn't.

But if you purchased open/close/motion sensors and a siren with the intent of creating a security system, the key fob is only a $15-$20 add on.

Still, a reasonable feature request would be a 'virtual key fob' or Perimeter Arm/Disarm on the LCD User Interface or Apps.

But, for alarming I don't necessarily want an alarm on when Im home and between certain hours. and I dont want it always when Im away but i do want other types of notifications.

Too many rules to get alarms set up right and right now we cant turn off rules via the app.

I would prefer an alarm mode,  that way it is set without any preconditions based on time/home/away etc.

Yep, a nice add-on feature for the Apps that shouldn't be too difficult to setup. Not to minimize the effort, any change is a lot of man hours, but at least the underlying features already exist.
Kickstarter Backer

Offline AcidLotus

• Backer
« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2016, 02:06:18 pm »
Problem: If static DHCP leases are used, and the router is rebooted, DHCP in general no longer functions. Disabling and re-enabling the DHCP throws the following errors:

Code: [Select]
Jan 16 12:52:49 AlmondPlus user.info sysinit: WRITE ERR: ep 01 clus 0019 attr 0006 not supported^M
Jan 16 12:52:49 AlmondPlus user.info sysinit: Svc Disc: Starting discovery for cluster 0x0019^M
Jan 16 12:52:49 AlmondPlus user.info sysinit: Svc Disc: Waiting 2 sec for discovery to complete^M
Jan 16 12:52:49 AlmondPlus user.notice dnsmasq: DNS rebinding protection is active, will discard upstream RFC1918 responses!
Jan 16 12:52:49 AlmondPlus user.notice dnsmasq: Allowing 127.0.0.0/8 responses
Jan 16 12:52:49 AlmondPlus user.info sysinit: dnsmasq: bad command line options: duplicate dhcp-host IP address [b]x.x.x.x[/b]
Jan 16 12:52:49 AlmondPlus daemon.crit dnsmasq[23319]: bad command line options: duplicate dhcp-host IP address [b]x.x.x.x[/b]
Jan 16 12:52:49 AlmondPlus daemon.crit dnsmasq[23319]: FAILED to start up

Where x.x.x.x above is one of the static DHCP leases assigned.

Resolution: Remove all static DHCP leases. Supposing these can't be used correctly anymore with R083?

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 18 queries.

bottleneck