bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: R83 Feedback / Issues  (Read 39020 times)

Offline Fire69

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: R83 Feedback / Issues
« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2016, 03:52:19 pm »
Lots of static DHCPs here, I have not had a problem with it so far.

Offline divpar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2016, 04:48:04 pm »
Need to implement a rule besides Home and Away so that let say that when Mud Room Door opens between 2.15pm and 2.30pm, it sends notification so we know that kids are home and do not need to be picked up from school.

Offline Fire69

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2016, 06:32:44 pm »
You can set in the mobile app that you want a notification for that room when mode is Away.  You'd know your kids came home if you set it like that.

Offline rf134a

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2016, 01:51:01 am »
I was hoping v83 would FINALLY add in support for the Aotec HEM v2 (DSB28) but alas, it is not to be.

The A+ goes back to the junk pile while I wait for the tp-link SR20 router to be released. Sometimes newer is not better and Almond+ proves this over and over again.

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2016, 10:44:43 am »
I was hoping v83 would FINALLY add in support for the Aotec HEM v2 (DSB28) but alas, it is not to be.

The A+ goes back to the junk pile while I wait for the tp-link SR20 router to be released. Sometimes newer is not better and Almond+ proves this over and over again.

Are you certain?

I've been using the Aeotec HEM Gen1 for over 6 months and now have more configuration options with R83.

What are the distinct advantages of the Gen 2 unit over the $25 Gen 1? Only thing I noted was "real time" data which would have to be collected and forwarded. Currently I'm getting frequent updates and threshold changes, more than enough data to aggregate. Not sure I even care about "real time" data as I don't have a gauge on the wall I'm watching.  I am in the process of building an app to monitor usage and set some alarms.

What are your plans for collecting and utilizing data? I ask because for $25 you can have an immediate workaround that is quite serviceable.
Kickstarter Backer
Securifi Wiki Editor and Beta Tester, Not a Securifi employee
Almond+, many sensors, IOS App, Android Apps and Widgets

Offline cmccallu

• Backer
« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2016, 08:17:38 am »
Firstly found this firmware version pretty stable when running my Almond+ as a AP. The only issue I have come across is on occasions devices are unable to connect to the 2.4 GHz wifi. My newer devices tend to use 5GHz so I don't notice this problem but older devices only work on 2.4GHZ and either disabling/enabling or re-booting the router fixes the problem. This happens after the device has been online for a couple of weeks.

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 17 queries.