Choose style:

Author Topic: Nest Question  (Read 3643 times)

Offline gklmdawson

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Nest Question
« on: December 16, 2015, 11:58:05 pm »
I just added my nest to the new firmware and so far so good. however, I noticed that I can't change my nests home or away settings. I'd like to use the device presence sensor feature to set the nest home and away settings. it doesn't look like almond can control the home/away settings in nest. any plan to add this enhancement in the future.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Nest Question
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 10:43:36 am »
@ gklmdawson,

I am sorry but Nest did not give permission for us to use Home/Away options under Rules.

Offline gklmdawson

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 10:57:00 am »
Thanks for the fast response. I was excited to to control my nest home/away settings with something reliable. The auto away is completely unreliable. Hopefully in the future. Good work so far on the integration, my almond+ keeps getting better and better.

Offline pdxsk8r

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 12:44:53 pm »
I have been trying to figure out how to have Almond+ put my Nest into Home mode on a trigger since Nest already knows the desired set temperature which varies by day, time and season. Given this thread, do we need to provide feedback to the Nest folks somewhere? Or is there a workaround that someone could suggest?

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 09:32:26 pm »
Yeah, Nest is playing their own games. IFTTT has a few additional options (like triggers from a Nest Protect, which they are not letting Securifi use). But IFTTT also is lacking most of Nest Thermostat settings that Almonds can control.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline hjobanpu

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 01:32:41 am »
I am trying to do reverse of this i.e. if Nest is in away mode, want to set Almond to away mode.

I have set up IFTTT applet to have my almond plus router set to home when my nest is set to home and my almond plus router set to away when my nest is set to away. 

One of this applet works and that's when we nest is set to home, it changes almond router to home. But it never works for away. When I tried to check applet manually, it does not run also. I have tried deleting and recreating applet  couple times, but it never works.

Any help - please.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 16 queries.

bottleneck