Choose style:

Author Topic: Visonic MCT-340 SMA Work, With Joining Caveat  (Read 4182 times)

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Visonic MCT-340 SMA Work, With Joining Caveat
« on: December 31, 2015, 01:49:14 pm »
So I received a couple Visonic MCT-340 SMA Door/Window Sensors

SEE BELOW Ashok's post, but they DO pair. But, they will not associate. Gets through the "Adding Sensor..." and "Getting sensor info..." but then I get the dreaded "Association Failed". I am guessing these are not yet supported (there is no mention of them specifically and even Visonic is only mentioned in very old posts about "talking with them" type of information). Hopefully this will be supported in the future? (I sent a log if that helps).

As for the sensors... These are pretty decent. Wider but not as "deep" as the typical ones because they use a coin cell battery (standard CR2032) instead of the usual (so far as I have seen) 123As. They have a tamper switch and are supposed to give the controller a regular status every couple hours so it knows they exist. Instruction sheet is pretty decent.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 03:04:34 pm by fillibar »
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Visonic MCT-340 SMA Association Fails
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 12:15:59 pm »
@ fillibar,

I am not sure and need to check, if we have to add the support for it to make it join and work properly. Meanwhile, we have seen some cases where we need to trigger the device for it to join, could you please try the same while joining try to trigger the sensor. Thank you!

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Visonic MCT-340 SMA Association Fails
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 03:03:03 pm »
@Ashok,
  Thank you very much, that was the trick needed. After triggering the reed switch multiple times (no idea when I should do it specifically) while the sensor was in the "Getting sensor info..." stage, all of them paired and are working without any trouble at all.

Another plus with these sensors that I was not sure about (some sites mentioned it but some did not nor did their manual), but is now proven, is that they provide the temperature as well. All of them are accurately reporting the temperate in the app, LCD, webpage, and in Rules as well. Excellent!
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 21 queries.

bottleneck