Choose style:

Author Topic: Using Two Almond 2015s, one as main and one as range extender?  (Read 5842 times)

Offline BFRedrocks

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Using Two Almond 2015s, one as main and one as range extender?
« on: January 12, 2016, 11:59:54 pm »
I just bought an Almond 2015 for my main router (seems to be working okay) but I need the WiFi range to be larger (big house).  Can I use a second Almond 2015 as a range extender in conjunction with the Almond 2015 as the main router?  Will that work to solve my WiFi range issue?
Thanks!

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Using Two Almond 2015s, one as main and one as range extender?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 06:38:09 am »
@ BFRedrocks,

Yes, there shouldn't be any issues.

Offline BFRedrocks

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 12:00:07 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply.  I ordered a second Almond 2015 to be my range extender, so hopefully it works as such.

A few quick questions for you (sorry if answers to these are found elsewhere):

1.  Overnight my new Almond 2015 apparently lost its internet connection but kept its WiFi connection, such that in the morning when I tried to access the internet, I couldn't (even though my IPhone still showed WiFi signal), and when I tried to access the router through the App, I couldn't either.  The modem appeared to be connected to the internet, but it required a restart (unplug and plug back in) of the router to get it working again.  What would cause the router to lose internet and require a restart to regain its connection?

2.  On the App (IPhone), it looks like I can switch back and forth between "Home Mode" and "Away Mode."  What is the difference and what affect would they have on my WiFi signal/internet connection?

3.  Under each individual connected device in the App, there is an option called "Set Inactivity Timeout."  Would that cause an IPhone that's been idle (but connected to WiFi) to be disconnected from the network?  What does that option do?

4.  Finally, what does the "Use as a Presence Sensor" option do?

Thanks!!

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 03:25:40 pm »
@ BFRedrocks,

You are most welcome.

1) As long the connection is stable Almond 2015 should not be getting disconnected at all. Whenever this happens, try connecting the modem directly to the client device and check if internet connection is working.

2) Home/Away mode are for customizing the notifications from sensors and also to create the rules as per our convenience. It won't have any effect on internet connection or wireless connection.

3) "Set Inactivity Timeout" means a device would not go to inactive state until it completes the "Set Inactivity Timeout".

4) "Use as a Presence Sensor" is for adding the network devices (iPad, iPhone, Laptop etc..,) as triggers and create rules accordingly.

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 21 queries.